Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

1937-D 3 Leg Buffalo Nickel, ANACS OWH

Funny story, sort of. I was looking for a nice 3-leg nickel and Heritage had three basically identical AU55 examples on offer at this year's FUN auction. They were coming up for sale the night of Sunday January 9th, at the same time the Patriots were playing the Chargers for the Divisional championship. Guessing I might be distracted by the game and miss the lots closing, I left what I thought were some conservative bids in advance just in case one went cheap. As expected, I was watching the game and totally forgot about the nickels. When checking the results later that night, imagine my surprise when I discovered I had won all three lots! I guess many others were watching the game that night too.

I have no need for three of these, so I'm going to keep one and offer the other two at the exact same price I paid Heritage. I'll list this one first. I'm not into vintage holders, and someone else may appreciate the Old White Holder more than I do. Asking $840. Note it is also up for sale on eBay if you want to pay more through that route.

Comments