Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Anybody collect UFC?

So I always enjoyed checking out the Saturday night fights on FS1 when I remembered to venture to the outer rim of known channels (which wasn't often) but now that ESPN has the broadcasting rights I've been watching all the fights on Saturdays. This, of course, led to me subscribing to ESPN+, which led me to binge watching all the PPVs I never wanted to pay money for and now I'm officially hooked on UFC.

So naturally, I've been searching eBay for cards. I haven't pulled the trigger yet but it's going to happen any day now. Anybody else collect UFC? Who do you collect? Show off some of your cards! I'll post my pickups when they start rolling in.

Arthur

Comments

• Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have these two!

• PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Love the UFC as well, but haven’t ventured into the cards yet. Looking now as well, probably grab an Anderson Silva first.

• wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

I have some autographed cards mostly from guys that were real wrestlers and just to have guys like Royce Gracie, etc. I like finding the cards of guys prior to UFC and some oddball stuff than a lot of the product itself.

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • VoteDizzyVoteDizzy Posts: 124 ✭✭✭

I picked these up from Rob (WCK) many moons ago. As far as actual UFC cards, I have a handful of Severn, but nothing special.

Hockey - Hrdina - Thunderbirds
    Wrestling - Danielson - Storm - Tajiri

I remember those cards! Thanks for sharing those with me again.

Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭

I don't collect UFC, but this guy is married to my wife's cousin..He gave some of his cards to my boys and we got this one graded:

• PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Just purchased a couple Anderson Silva cards. Will continue to grab a few of my favorites.

• ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pdub1819 said:
    I don't collect UFC, but this guy is married to my wife's cousin..He gave some of his cards to my boys and we got this one graded:

That's awesome. He's a pound-for-pound MMA all-time great. Will be a Hall of Famer when the time comes (he's still going strong now).

Arthur

• ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just realized I never updated the thread. Obviously I eventually ran across their Best of Anthony Pettis set of fights and became a fan.

So I picked up a few autos. The first is actually a picture of that crazy off-the-fence kick in the championship fight.

Then just a few from 2018 Topps Chrome UFC. The orange is /25 and the other is just a regular refractor.

My next fan obsession was Francis Ngannou. I believe the 2017 green is his rookie card and it's numbered to /99. It's been a while so I'm not 100%. The Pulsar Museum is /50 and the refractor is /99. Maybe those are his rookies. I definitely picked up his rookie... I think.

And what UFC collection would be complete without an Arianny Celeste card. She's been with UFC for as long as I can remember (at least 10+ years).

Arthur

• HorseHorse Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 15, 2019 12:44PM

Yes ! I collect UFC. Mainly the 2009 Topps Round 1 set. Working on completing the base and a couple of the insert sets in 10.
    Have bought boxes of more recent, but sticking primarily to the early days.

I sell the autos. Red autos from that set pretty much pay for the boxes.

UFC Rules.

• eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2020 8:24AM

Cool stuff. I need to add some more UFC cards like Silva etc... here are 2 of my more interesting ones. I would love to be able to get this Liddell in a psa holder but I can’t find any information on it. All I know is what the seller told me when I bought it that it came with a sherdog VHS. Would love any information if anyone knows anything about it. I like that it is a few years earlier than any of his mainstream cards. Psa wouldnt grade the Couture at the time I got these graded either. Like the ones in a psa slab much better.

Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • hjrhjr Posts: 46 ✭✭

Henry Ruiz
  • CSUrunandstunCSUrunandstun Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

Just Stipe....since he went to Cleveland State University (as I did).

Successful transactions with FavreFan1971, ffishonn, Davemri, Publius, DavidPuddy, frcarvell, recbball, and many others...
  • CrashingwavesCrashingwaves Posts: 170 ✭✭✭

New member to this forum here (on many others). I collect early MMA cards (and some WWF cards)... always on the hunt. Here is a picture of one of my PC sets to share (only 2-3 ppl have completed this set)... have lots more.

• HorseHorse Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2020 9:16AM

NICE !

I collect that 2009 Round 1 set, all of it but the autos. That red auto set is QUITE the accomplishment. Had thoughts on going after that years ago but the dollars they bring was too alluring.

VERY nice collection there !!!

Always looking for old mma cards.... pre topps. Will pay top $ for these Ring Kings or any Topps IFL cards.

Stephan Bonnar #/3 Prime material/signature
    Kendall Grove #/5 Prime material/signature
    Martin Kampmann #/30 Prime material/signature
    Frank Edgar #/25 signature

@Crashingwaves said:
    Always looking for old mma cards.... pre topps. Will pay top $ for these Ring Kings or any Topps IFL cards.

I have the Edgar but it is part of my registered PSA set.

Totally did not see that I had posted some of the same cards earlier.....oops!

@wrestlingcardking said:

@Crashingwaves said:

I have the Edgar but it is part of my registered PSA set.

Been looking for that card since 2009... if you ever come across another (or any of the Ring Kings on that list)... will pay a nice price.

Nice cards too... love the top grades. All key HOF rookies... and never seen that one Coleman card before. Coleman is great... scored some rare SEG posters from him.

Few more of my cards.... such a shame RD 1 does not grade well. highest graded GSP rd 1 red auto

Ring Kings promo #/5

Top graded Silva rd 1 red auto

Pulled this in 2010... one of my favs

Anniversary of this fight was just a few days ago.... rd 1 silva/leben dual auto... with mat from that event. Love the way Silva used to sign (when he could keep in on the sticker).

Got tons more.... mainly collect older MMA/UFC items... posters, programs, cards etc. This is one of my favorites... its the first Jakks figure ever produced (toy fair promo chuck /150) and supposedly the first piece of UFC Lic merchandise every produced... has a serial # 00000001. Not sure how true that is but cool piece.

• halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭

Love seeing the cards here ... I've been on the hunt for a Conor and Rousey 1st auto.

Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Looking for the Rhonda Rousey 1st in Her Class card if anyone has one to sell.

@jimbo1 said:
    Looking for the Rhonda Rousey 1st in Her Class card if anyone has one to sell.

Every time I see that card I first think it says... 1st in her ass.

@halosfan said:
    Love seeing the cards here ... I've been on the hunt for a Conor and Rousey 1st auto.

Ronda's first autos have come down a bit.... I wish I never sold this one (/25). Her first auto 1/1 sold for over 10k twice... most expensive UFC auto to date. Personally... I prefer my girl Gina

Will be interesting to see how the Conor's auto cards fair in the future.... they are way over priced right now. Been debating in another groups whose legacy will fair better... Conor or Khabib. Both may be retired as of today.

edited July 4, 2020 1:22PM

I got this back from PSA earlier this year.

@Dpeck100 said:
    I got this back from PSA earlier this year.

Last emperor.... nice. Did you know his Pride FC Gold and Siler inlaid autos are upside down? In addition.... there was supposedly real autos associated with that release... #/10 and given out as promos. That is the urban legend.

Paying Top $ for the 9 card motion card set!

Here are the rest of the Pride sets

Very cool.

I don’t know anything about the set. Saw it listed by a great seller from Japan and bought it.

• I have these autographed posters and I was thinking about auctioning them off. Any advice?

• @Nu2CollectsItAll said:

I have these autographed posters and I was thinking about auctioning them off. Any advice?

The sbc event poster should fetch a nice price... anything Conor is hot.