Home Precious Metals

Comments

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup. Trump made the tax burden more onerous....except for the very wealthy. As we saw in Stockton, govt pensions will be cut back.

How will some assets appreciate if folk have less money to acquire them?

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 24, 2019 10:06AM

@cohodk said:

The same way they did for the past 10 years - low interest rates and trillions of funny money from the FED. The only folks affected by less money are those at the bottom of the receiving end.

For the past ten years the FED has provided us with the greatest market distortion in history. How long they can make it last remains to be seen. Musical chairs baby, don't wait til the last minute to find a chair. Asset deflation, temporarily (as in 2008), is in the cards when the coming crisis is realized. Accumulate cash for now, be ready for the bargains.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    oldstandardoldstandard Posts: 387 ✭✭✭
    edited February 24, 2019 2:06PM

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

The same way they did for the past 10 years - low interest rates and trillions of funny money from the FED. The only folks affected by less money are those at the bottom of the receiving end.

For the past ten years the FED has provided us with the greatest market distortion in history. How long they can make it last remains to be seen. Musical chairs baby, don't wait til the last minute to find a chair. Asset deflation, temporarily (as in 2008), is in the cards when the coming crisis is realized. Accumulate cash for now, be ready for the bargains.

I had sold all my Silver through 2010 to 2012 sold some to early, on the high and a little on the way down not perfect but not bad I had bought most at $11 to $13 range. Now I went back in very heavy in 2015 held out a good chunk of cash just incase we had a 2008 scenario. I feel if there is a new low it will take place this year by end of 2020 now with that being said let say there is a bigger temporary pull back or a 2008 scenario do think we could go under the $10 mark this time. Now when talking physical silver the premiums went up dramatically in 08 our shops could not even keep silver or gold in stock for a minute, people were waiting in the parking lots waiting for people to sell then run in to buy what the customer had sold shops finally put a stop to it some people went a little to far. Here they were adding $2.50 to $3.50 premiums so the dip to $9 was like really $11.50 to $13.50 on the physical side.

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

The Fed had (has) a lot of help from our elected officials in D.C. The relative strength of the USD should allow the shell game to last for a couple more decades.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 24, 2019 3:27PM

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

Accumulate cash for now, be ready for the bargains

>
    Accumulate cash for now, be ready for the bargains.

I wish you told me that back in '12. ;)

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear