Home U.S. Coin Forum

CrazyHoundDog PCGS Coin Update

13»

Comments

• RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭

Great job, that label is too cool!

• ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful! Very nice! I was expecting a phoenix theme!

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• cecropiamothcecropiamoth Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭✭

What an awesome label!! Great pedigree too!!! Very happy for you Joe!

Jeff

• spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,683 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great coin, great holder, great pedigree!

Best, SH

My online coin store - https://www.desertmoonnm.com/
  • koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

That '16-S is a truly amazing coin! It's such a good thing that the color remained intact.

• jabbajabba Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭✭✭

It would be really cool if PCGS did a special label Crazy hound dog label for us so we can get this label and use the proceeds to help pay for PCGS coins that need help from natural disasters it could be use to help people like Crazyhound when things like this happen
    What do you say PCGS!!!!!

• LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm truly impressed.
    It's amazing that so many coins were in such great shape considering the pictures of what happened and the look of the former slabs.
    Great job PCGS, Best of luck CHD, I know what was lost is immense, but what was recovered is impressive.

• lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭

Great job PCGS.

I brake for ear bars.
  • StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭

Superb.

• NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great job PCGS!

• Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

@crazyhounddog said:
    I would like to say this.
    IF you have your coins, or anything else, you want to protect in a fire like we went through with EXTREME heat I would like to make some recommendations. When I get the time I will post a thread about this but for now here we go.
    Paper envelopes will protect your raw coins more than any other way. I had way too many coins I was going to submit for grading that were in a pcgs blue box in my safe. The safe is “Fire Proof” so paper will not burn and it didn’t. Mylar flips of any other plastic will melt and melt itself around your coin. Unfortunately I had many coins in Mylar flips.
    The next and maybe even better is bubble wrap. The air in between really insulates. It was amazing to see one of my beautiful old commemorative coins in its original ( museum quality ) box still as it was before the fire because it was wrapped in bubble wrap. So, if you have a (Fire Proof) safe and you have raw coins those little paper envelopes are the ticket. Also as a note my, Kimber 45 still fires. I will still send it in to maybe have the springs replaced as they perhaps have been tempered, just a precaution.
    When I get the time I’ll do a thread with pictures to show what I’m talking about. Just remember, Fire Proof, not melt proof. My 1942 Jewelers safe did it’s job.
    Happy hunting, Joe

Joe,

It would be helpful to the entire collecting community if you would write up your experience with the fire and all these tips when completed and send them to CW, NN, all the magazines including the ANA. You have first hand experience that I would not wish on anyone! PCGS may wish to put it online too.

• Such a moving story this is. Surely one that I won’t ever forget.

• OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is soo over the TOP Awesome, and made my Sunday
    Congrats CrazyHoundDog and Thanks PCGS on Awesomeness

Love your Label

And a note to myself, Quit ignoring the sticky posts or you'll be 10 days late to the game :blush:

Steve

Promote the Hobby
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,936 ✭✭✭✭✭

That pedigree slab insert is genius
    Kudos to each and everyone involved in its design and execution

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file