Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Friday night rips anyone?

Taking down some 81’ cellos and an 82 vending box! Looking forward to my first submission soon!

Anyone else rippin anything?

Comments

• Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

Working on getting some stuff to rip, but don't have anything at the moment. Looking at some 89 Bowman and some 88/89/90 Score. Worthless for the most part, but I remember getting those from the grocery store as a kid.

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• Options
    RoflesRofles Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

@krisd3279 said:
    Working on getting some stuff to rip, but don't have anything at the moment. Looking at some 89 Bowman and some 88/89/90 Score. Worthless for the most part, but I remember getting those from the grocery store as a kid.

Nothing wrong with that at all! Just picked up a vending case of ‘90 topps, my favorite year. Gonna make some nice team sets for my family and whatnot!

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck 👍 always fun to open up some cards.

• Options

I bought 10 packs of cellos off eBay for $8.50/pack. Upon ripping them I was initially worried about resealing. Hardly pulled any AS’, but made up for it with some beautifully centered cards and the main biggies!

I’ll post my 82 vending results later tonight!

• Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

Man, I wish I had some stuff to rip. Currently, my entire collection is boxed up, ready for a move in mid-March. Once I get to the new house, it's rip time. I have a case of '86 Topps racks that are screaming my name. Good luck with the '81 rippage! Looks like a lot of fun.

Andy

Andy

• Options

Good luck with the move. I hope you get some extra card space for all the moving effort!!!

Kris

• Options
    NJ80sBBCNJ80sBBC Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for sharing the rip, great start!

The 81 design has grown on me. I collected the latter part of the decade as a kid so I don’t have the connection with the set from my youth. I rip more modern these days than 80s, mostly with the kids. The 80s product is drying up quickly. Have been back in the game since 2011 and have never seen supply so low on ebay and bbce. And what is out there is priced so much higher than just a year ago.

Good luck on the 82 box!

John

Conundrum - Loving my unopened baseball card collection....but really like ripping too
  • Options

Thank you John! While there was no Ripken, there were a ton of others!

My two favorite cards from the 82’s:

Nice to see a Johnny bench without the print smear too:

There were a great many well-centered cards! For some reason the red really pops on these cards! here are some highlights:

I just want to say thanks for letting me share all this; I haven’t been this excited about anything for a long time, and I’m equally glad I can share this excitement with others who can appreciate this excitement too! On to the next rip! LOL

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 22, 2019 9:44PM

Great stuff! I remember busting open an entire box of 82 Topps wax box while watching the Ice Bowl in January 1982. Love this set.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

I agree. These 82T are some nice looking cards. I should have something to rip here by next Friday.

Kris