Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

unopened boxes and cases - sellers

Looking for some junk wax form 1986 - 1993. Anyone know who is a big seller of has this type of inventory. (I know BBCE, but someone else would be appreciated).

Work hard and you will succeed!!

Comments

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

Try Dave & Adam's Card World. Not sure if they still have unopened from that era but they do actively buy unopened. Fritsch would be another obvious place.

• Options

Are you interested in 87 donruss baseball?

• Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have 18 boxes of fleer baseball wax plus 1 cello baseball box for sale.

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are 1988 Fleer Baseball boxes purchased in 1988 from retail stores in South Bend, IN.

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 22, 2019 3:24PM

@mintonlypls said:
    Those are 1988 Fleer Baseball boxes purchased in 1988 from retail stores in South Bend, IN.

THAT is the kind of stuff I love! If only the shipping wasn't so much. I have cleaned out the 88 Fleer baseball in my area. If the price/shipping was cheap enough I would be interested. Picked up a ton at $5/box. Picked up a sealed case of 89 Donruss wax a couple weeks ago local for $6/box.
    BTW, I'm in the central Illinois area.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    jsanzjsanz Posts: 250 ✭✭

How are you finding that stuff locally? I used to run ads in local papers for collections and unopened product. I found some good stuff and lots of junk. That was about 15 years ago in the Chicago area. I am now in New Jersey and was thinking about doing it again but I'm not sure if ads in the paper still work. Any advice out there?

Love those 70's - early 80's packs and boxes...send me a message if you are selling because I am buying
  • Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jsanz said:
    How are you finding that stuff locally? I used to run ads in local papers for collections and unopened product. I found some good stuff and lots of junk. That was about 15 years ago in the Chicago area. I am now in New Jersey and was thinking about doing it again but I'm not sure if ads in the paper still work. Any advice out there?

There was a guy at a small, local card show I set up that is from a really small town some miles from here. He has nothing but junk year cards that he puts on lots by teams. He said that there was a guy in his town or a town nearby that had a grocery store and he bought out the cases he had...88 Fleer, 90 Donruss, 91 Topps and 92 Topps is all I remember. He started out selling them at $5/box and then he was selling them for $4/box to get out of them. I think he got into them at $2-3 a box. I finally couldn't say no and picked some up. I should have picked more of it up even before he lowered the price but it goes against my idea of downsizing, lol! Now I just rip, pull stars, rookies and errors and the rest get recycled.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it wasn't for shipping I would be neck deep in junk wax cases. Unfortunately I live in an area where there just isn't any local stashes to be found.

Arthur

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you tried hitting up local old school coin shops? A lot of them got into cards during the 80's peak. I had a great run picking up 1984-1988 Baseball and Football from coin shops a few years ago.

Mike