Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Will this card receive a ST qualifier?

PNWcollectorPNWcollector Posts: 301 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 22, 2019 12:09AM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Ink smudges on the left border of the card. I assume this happened during printing? Would PSA ding the grade because of it (and not assign a qualifier), or grade it ignoring the smudges and tack on a ST qualifier? Not sure how they handle ink smudges like this.

Comments

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm guessing yes. Sucks on an otherwise nice card. Have you tried lightly rubbing it with pantyhose??

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options

If they happened during the printing process, it wouldn't get an 'ST'; that's the designation for a stain... If they're deemed to be printer's ink, it would be a 'PD' qualifier.

DesertIceSports.Com

• Options

@PROMETHIUS88 said:
    I'm guessing yes. Sucks on an otherwise nice card. Have you tried lightly rubbing it with pantyhose??

I will try this and report back!

• Options
    edited February 22, 2019 1:53PM

@Desert_Ice_Sports said:
    If they happened during the printing process, it wouldn't get an 'ST'; that's the designation for a stain... If they're deemed to be printer's ink, it would be a 'PD' qualifier.

Now that I think about it... you're probably right. PD rather than ST seems more appropriate. Bummer that this nice card would have a qualifier and I purchased it knowing this was likely.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't really tell what it would grade otherwise as the pic is blurry around the corners, but if 5 (possibly 6?) or lower, it's got a fairly decent chance of sliding without a qualifier.

• Options

@LarkinCollector said:
    I can't really tell what it would grade otherwise as the pic is blurry around the corners, but if 5 (possibly 6?) or lower, it's got a fairly decent chance of sliding without a qualifier.

I scanned that quickly. I will upload some better scans. I'm thinking it's a sure-fire 6, and has the potential for a 7 if the grader got laid the night before.

• Options

" it's a sure-fire 6, and has the potential for a 7, if the grader got laid the night before."

In that case... it's a 6

DesertIceSports.Com