Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1964 Topps stand up set in all PSA 8's almost done.

Hey guys,
I thought I would throw out a message with regards to finishing up my 1964 Topps stand up set. I am down to ONE card. My best friend is down to ONE card. If anyone out there has any 1964 Topps stand ups graded, please email me directly at SHANELEO@AOL.COM. I will pay you handsomely for the missing link.

Also, does anyone out there have any 1954 Wilson Weiner cards graded or ungraded?

Thanks, Leo
Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases

Comments

• Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    1954 - Congrats on getting that far. It is an awesome set that is tough to complete. ..jay
  • Options
    Now there's a really tough set! Good luck on the search for that elusive one
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Shane:

I believe we spoke perhaps a month or so ago. But did you notice that supercollector/dealer Lawrence Block owns one of the 1954 Wilson Weiners PSA 8 cards? I am not sure if he has had that card a while, or if he is the famed individual behind the $11,000 purchase in the earlier ScP auction. Either way, I'm freaking jealous!

M
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    BigKidAtHeartBigKidAtHeart Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    in the brand new, July 2002 Beckett Vintage mag/price guide... (seen above)
    there is a GREAT article about the 64 stand-ups.
    ~jeff
    imageimage
  • Options
    Wow, Beckett ditched Pokemon and Golf magazines for Vintage?... Where was I?...
  • Options
    i have three psa 8 1964 topps stand-ups on ebay now, my ebay id is: superpunk813

thats a cool set!image
    Check out my new web site: Monsters of the Gridiron
  • Options
    There is a GREAT article about the 64 stand-ups.

Take a look who wrote it! You did a real nice job on this Leo. Congrats on the near completion. I know better than anyone how difficult this set is to complete!

I think when we both finish we will have a "Stand Up" party! If Shane and I don't have our sets complete by the Nationals in August wait til you hear about the ludicrous and creative plan to draw attention to the fact that we are each buying the lone elusive card for our sets.

Again nice work on the Beckett article,

missinglinks

Currently working on:
    *1941 Double Play
    *500 Home Run Rookie Cards

Always Upgrading
    *1954 Dan Dee
    *1959 Fleer Three Stooges