Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

When submitting cards for grading?

When submitting cards to be graded on the quarterly special it's cards up to $100. Is that based on beckett price up to a $100 or is based on psa price guide already graded prices? So if beckett prices a card for $75, and psa prices it a 10 for $300, do I have to send it in paying the $300 level or the $75 hoping it grades a 10? I know I'm making this harder than it is. It just this will be my first card grading submission and I want to avoid another submission hold.

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,

Comments

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whatever value you would be comfortable with if the card gets lost in return shipping, an exceedingly rare occurrence. I generally use raw purchase price, sometimes a bit higher if I expect it to grade really well. I've seen others recommend using PSA8 SMR values.

• Options
    dictoresno1dictoresno1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭
    edited February 20, 2019 5:52PM

raw replacement value. usually based on what I paid for the card raw, or what it usually goes for raw and I would need to go buy another one if PSA loses or damages mine. if I bought a card for $20 that I can go back on ebay and buy for $20, ill estimate its value accordingly. if I bought it for $20 but its a hard to find card and can't be replaced easily, then $99 it is. same goes for cards I submit at the higher levels. I paid $45 for a 2017 Topps Aaron Judge Gold RC. if I were to need to buy another one, im gonna be spending a lot more than that given the current asking prices and low amount available online. so im estimating its value at $200+.

this question should be a sticky since it comes up every week.

• Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 20, 2019 7:20PM

So if I send a card that books in psa price guide for $300 in a 9 but only put the value of what I paid for it say $75 it wont be rejected as the value is to low to grade at the $100 value card and under submission?

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinCrazyPA said:
    So if I send a card that books in psa price guide for $300 in a 9 but only put the value of what I paid for it say $75 it wont be rejected as the value is to low to grade at the $100 value card and under submission?

No, it will not be rejected. If it does grade a 9 and is lost in the mail you will only be able to claim a $75 loss.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set