Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Pwcc 86 Jordan psa 10

I am thinking of sending Pwcc a large group of cards in order to fund an 86 Jordan psa 10. The one they have ending tonight seems to have touched upper right and lower left corners. It is still an awesome card for sure but it makes me think of what we say all the time that the difference between a 9 and a 10 can be so minor. You have to really enlarge the pic to see on eBay (and what a wonderful new tool that is by the way). Anyway, just wondering what everyone thinks of it. Average 10? Low end 10?

Comments

• Options
    sjjs28sjjs28 Posts: 444 ✭✭✭

If u are buying the holder - then go for it.... but if you are buying the card, that is a low end 10 with TWO questionable corners - a definite slider . Only my opinion.

Steve Saldutti
    sjjs28@comcast.net
    Collector of 1964 Topps Stand Ups, 1965 Embossed, 1968 Topps Game and 1969 Topps Decals
    Registered Sets: 1964 Stand Ups, 1965 Embossed, 1968 Topps Game, 1969 Topps Decals
  • Options
    TerwinTerwin Posts: 70 ✭✭

...I agree, if you need the 10 holder, go for it. There is a 9 PQ ending tonight that looks as good as one of the 10's for about $14000 less.

• Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

I’d rather have a 9 that could be a 10 than a 10 that could or should be a 9

• Options

Spending that much money, the 10 better be a 10, not a 9 or even an 8, pretending to be one.

• Options

I agree 100% with all comments. That card should be a 9 imo

• Options
    sjjs28sjjs28 Posts: 444 ✭✭✭

As to the 9=PQ comment,
    I would be careful overspending for a subjective "PQ"
    According to VCP, 9's are running around 4K. Spend an extra 2K (or whatever it hammers for...) doesn't make sense to me.
    To be fair, based on my reviews some of PWCC PQ's seem well placed on cards that i'm familiar with ... but I have to be honest - I haven't looked at many 86 Jordans to know if it truly is a PQ or not. I'm a vintage baseball guy... but I am a "buy the card, not the holder guy"

Steve Saldutti
    sjjs28@comcast.net
    Collector of 1964 Topps Stand Ups, 1965 Embossed, 1968 Topps Game and 1969 Topps Decals
    Registered Sets: 1964 Stand Ups, 1965 Embossed, 1968 Topps Game, 1969 Topps Decals
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭

That card would not look out of place in an 8 holder.

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

Forget the corners; the centering is enough to drive me away!

Andy

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sjjs28 said:
    As to the 9=PQ comment,
    I would be careful overspending for a subjective "PQ"
    According to VCP, 9's are running around 4K. Spend an extra 2K (or whatever it hammers for...) doesn't make sense to me.
    To be fair, based on my reviews some of PWCC PQ's seem well placed on cards that i'm familiar with ... but I have to be honest - I haven't looked at many 86 Jordans to know if it truly is a PQ or not. I'm a vintage baseball guy... but I am a "buy the card, not the holder guy"

I agree. Card is nice no doubt but for $2500 over VCP the bottom right and upper left corners should be sharper and no white showing through or turning at an odd angle. Plus some of the edges are not sharp. I don’t fault people for wanting a nice Jordan rookie, and if you look at the pop report and VCP there are a TON to choose from. Demand is high but so is supply with the 86 Jordan. Miss one nicely centered one and there is another waiting right behind it every day.

• Options

I disagree on the supply in a 10...... not enough of those to meet the demand. And as we are seeing how many of the 303 of them are lower end 10’s that a lot of us would pass on

• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

PWCC has another Jordan PSA 10 ending in 8 days, the corners look better on that one.

• Options
    VintagemanEdVintagemanEd Posts: 922 ✭✭✭

Yes it will be interesting to see where that one goes

• Options
    PopeyesSpinachPopeyesSpinach Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
    edited February 20, 2019 1:30PM

@PatsGuy5000 said:
    PWCC has another Jordan PSA 10 ending in 8 days, the corners look better on that one.

I agree it does look better than the other example but still that one is not a 10 as well. Upper left corner is touched. If I'm buying a Jordan 10, to the eye it has to be perfect

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VintagemanEd said:
    I disagree on the supply in a 10...... not enough of those to meet the demand. And as we are seeing how many of the 303 of them are lower end 10’s that a lot of us would pass on

On average 3-6 PSA 10’s sell a month while 8-10 PSA 9’s sell every month. Cards that sell once every 3-6 months via eBay or AH are scarce IMO, but a available every month is not. Also, if they were that scarce prices would not be selling at $21k on average. Just be glad you did not buy one during 2016 when they were selling for $35-40k+.

KC

• Options
    VintagemanEdVintagemanEd Posts: 922 ✭✭✭

I agree they are not rare like you only see 1-2 per year for sale but it is an iconic card that there is more demand than supply of. And yes sure glad I didn’t buy one back then. I made a run at one for about 27k I think.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

and to think that someone can send in a modern bulk sub and not receive a single dime

• Options
    RookieHOFersRookieHOFers Posts: 733 ✭✭✭
    edited February 20, 2019 6:18PM

I don’t understand for the life of me how that gets a 10. And then how anyone in their right mind is willing to pay what that card has been bid up to. Head scratcher for sure.

Matt
    I collect: 80’s Rookies and 86 Fleer Basketball
  • Options
    dan89dan89 Posts: 484 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 9 that they had went for $7800 tonight which is a big number. It is nicely centered for the trade.