Buyer of all vintage Silver Bars. PM me
Cashback from Mr. Rebates

Comments

• Options
    jt88jt88 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice

• Options
    hiijackerhiijacker Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭

Can anyone read Chinese? What is it commemorating?

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cut and paste to Google Translate. :)

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

It says Confucius say, Chinese food tastes good but you'll be hungry shortly thereafter. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    hiijackerhiijacker Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 21, 2019 8:20PM

This medal is in Japaneses. However the flower's name 楊貴妃 (ようきひin Japanese or Yang Guifei in English) is in traditional Chinese writing just like everyone's name regardless if they are Chinese, Japanese, Korean etc.

楊貴妃 /Yang Guifei was one of the four legendary beauties in Chinese history. However the direct translation to English would be Senior concubine Yang which also meant only one rank lower than the queen. Her true name was 楊玉環. You can read more about her with the link below.
    https://gbtimes.com/chinese-beauty-who-brought-down-dynasty

With my limited self taught Japanese, The description of the title 楊貴妃/ようきひ is a name of rare breed of slightly reddish Sakura /cherry blossom in Nara region of Japan. On the reverse, the description is translated as Young lady playing Taisho Koto (type of musical instrument also know as qugin) under cherry blossom. This design was based from the painting of Harunobu Suzuki from Edo(former name of Tokyo).

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    carabonnaircarabonnair Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cursive Welcome to the forum and great first post!