Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

classic 4-sport cards

I was given a small box of these but don't know much about them.. i have around 20 hockey and about 16 baseball , not sure if they are worth very much or are collectible . i just like the looks of them

Comments

• 3stars3stars Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like these cards! Had a bunch of them back in the day, but they never caught in with collectors for some reason. My favorite were the “limited edition” acetate inserts that were 1 of 60000 (!).

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

Unfortunately, most of the cards are worth a little less than nothing, but I always liked the set too

IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • HallcoHallco Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably not worth too much now, but I bought a lot of packs. Great action shots and at the time I was collecting all 4 sports actively. I loved the design, the inserts and many of the players that were included and it reminds me of a great time period in my life, Still have all of them. The Shaq/Webber/Hardaway Tri-Card is still one of my favorites in .my collection! Thanks for the memory. :)

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember them well. I pulled my first auto out of those. It was the arod. Pulled two out of the same box and they were sequentially numbered. Still have them.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

too bad they didn't catch on with the collectors. nice photos , clean and sharp. none of mine are signed though.

• countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe there's a Derek Jeter card in his maroon high school uniform, and then a Chipper Jones card, also, that were 2 of the more popular baseball cards from the 4 sport issue.

Otherwise, I believe the majority of the players people were chasing were basketball, with Shaq, Zo, C-Webb, Penny, Grant Hill, Kidd, and the rest of the early to mid 90s NBA young guns.

In hockey, Manon Rhéaume had a goalie card, perhaps 2, that was hot for awhile, also.

I don't recall many of the football players being too sought after. The only autograph I ever pulled, which including an in box autograph was really a brand new gimmick at the time, was Michigan State quarterback Jim Miller, who played for the Steelers and Beers, among other teams.

I certainly had (and probably still have, if I look hard enough) a lot of the 4 Sport product in my collection.

• dictoresno1dictoresno1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭

here's one of my favorite Classic cards, this one being from a 5 sport series. BTW, snagged this raw on Ebay last year for a whopping $4.99

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

Basketball, by far, was the most chased sport in classic 4 sport. Remember the shaq sp numbered to I think 46,000? That card was over $100 at one point.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

no basketball in my cards , just hockey and baseball, they cards looked so nice,, couldnt figure why the collectors didnt wish to catch on with them

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@slimies said:
    no basketball in my cards , just hockey and baseball, they cards looked so nice,, couldnt figure why the collectors didnt wish to catch on with them

They caught on, they were just overproduced, like many casualties of that era.

so they flooded em like the 86-89 topps and other sets.