Home Sports Talk
Options

non sports...avatar ?

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, try as I might to figure out how to go to the PSA link that provides a choice of avatar icons, I can't do it. Prior to the new page change, I would periodically change my pic. Just can't seem to figure this one out.

So, how do I do this?
Tks

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that you are thinking about the old CU forum software.

Just look at your Ted Williams card pic on the right side of your profile page, and you'll see "change picture" at the top of it.

Click that, and I think you can take it from there, and just simply upload your own pic from your pictures file on your computer.

• Options

@stevek said:

Just look at your Ted Williams card pic on the right side of your profile page, and you'll see "change picture" at the top of it.

Click that, and I think you can take it from there, and just simply upload your own pic from your pictures file on your computer.

This I know how to do....are the icons (once available) in PSA no longer accesible?

• Options

@MCMLVTopps said:

@stevek said:

This I know how to do....are the icons (once available) in PSA no longer accesible?

I would doubt very much that those icons in a listing at PSA are still available. You'll probably need to contact CU to get that question answered.

But I would guess that most if not all of those icons that were listed, are readily available on the internet thru Google pics. But I guess there is one that you cannot find.

You could try Bing picture search which is a little bit different than Google search as far as the results. And Bing offers various suggestion options when searching to try to locate a particular pic.

Also if you think a particular pic may not be available any longer on the internet...you could use, I think it's called "way back" or something like that. Which has captured internet info and pics from years ago. I think you type in a date or choose a date and it shows info and pics from the web which were active on that particular past date.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m just happy we can use Emojis 💪🤷‍♂️🍻👍

• Options

Tks stevek

So, those that appear in the right panel under "Who's Online" have acquired those avatar icons from a place other than PSA...correct?

• Options

@MCMLVTopps said:
    Tks stevek

So, those that appear in the right panel under "Who's Online" have acquired those avatar icons from a place other than PSA...correct?

The avatars were grandfathered in when the software change took place, and unless a member is still using it...then yes, anything new is from a place other than PSA...to the best of my knowledge.

I can't fathom why it would make sense for CU to keep something such as that with the new software because now a member can choose from an infinite amount of possible avatars.

You must have really liked a particular avatar they had listed. If you want to, describe it as best you can and we'll look for it. Everybody googles a little bit differently, so perhaps some slightly different key strokes may find it versus what you are doing.

• Options

@perkdog said:
    I’m just happy we can use Emojis 💪🤷‍♂️🍻👍

Emojis are the second best invention in the history of mankind.

Second only to cold beer. 🍺

• Options

@stevek said:

@MCMLVTopps said:
    Tks stevek

The avatars were grandfathered in when the software change took place, and unless a member is still using it...then yes, anything new is from a place other than PSA...to the best of my knowledge.

I can't fathom why it would make sense for CU to keep something such as that with the new software because now a member can choose from an infinite amount of possible avatars.

You must have really liked a particular avatar they had listed. If you want to, describe it as best you can and we'll look for it. Everybody googles a little bit differently, so perhaps some slightly different key strokes may find it versus what you are doing.

I just wanted to scroll through, as I've done in the past...maybe switching up my Red Sox logo and Pats logo, among others. I think I'll shoot an email to the Moderator and see what she says. Emojis no problem.

Tks steve