Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Which would you rather have??

Strictly for investment.... 10 years from now which has increased the greater percentage making it the better investment.....
39 Ted Williams psa 8
54 Aaron psa 8
86 Jordan psa 10

Comments

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

54 Aaron. Jordan will appreciate due to demand but supply is pretty huge. In 10 years Aaron will be in his mid 90’s if he is still around -not trying to be morbid but chances would be less than 50/50.

I think Aaron and Mays will be seen in a different light once they are no longer around, and people will appreciate their numbers more when they really look at them.

KC

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

It SHOULD be the Williams, but it will be the Aaron.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    VintagemanEdVintagemanEd Posts: 922 ✭✭✭

What is the VCP on a 54 Aaron 8 right now?

• Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 17, 2019 9:10PM

That is a outstanding question.

All 3 are great cards and should appreciate nicely but I agree with the fellow board memebers... Hammering Hank!

KendallCat is also correct you should be considering Willie Mays. Only when he passes will folks appreciate that he might have been the greatest.

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@addicted2ebay said:

KendallCat is also correct you should be considering Willie Mays. Only when he passes will folks appreciate that he might have been the greatest.

I rank Mays as pretty clearly third best of all time behind Ruth and Bonds (or vice versa). Not sure where Johnson and Young fit in, but I don't think they are as high as the top outfielders.