Home Sports Talk
Options

Net worth of former athletes.

1970s1970s Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭

I google net worth of famous people. My dad is worth 3 million, so I like to compare my dad who only graduated high school and enlisted in the army to professional athletes.

Surprised to see that my dad is worth more than Mean Joe Green of the Steelers who is currently
worth 2 million dollars.

Does anyone else do this ? If you've found anyone of interest, (high or low), post it here.

Comments

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sometimes google this but I find it more interesting on how some of the big name athletes are now broke

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 16, 2019 1:08PM

Colin Kaepernick is worth $100,000,000, for despising the country in which he lives and sitting on his ass for 3 years. \Benedict Arnold never made that kind of scratch.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:
    Colin Kaepernick is worth $100,000,000, for despising the country in which he lives and sitting on his ass for 3 years. \Benedict Arnold never made that kind of scratch.

Disgusting

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe Phil has surpassed Tiger. His annual endorsement have.

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

I would say those online estimates are rough estimates at best. Also remember a lot of retired athletes have healthy pensions which may or may not be calculated into those numbers.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

Loose women, shyster business partners, or gambling can erode an athlete's fortune fairly quickly...not necessarily in that order.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Plus jocks are stupid

• Options

Having multiple kids with multiple woman is probably the biggest issue, 5+ kids with 5 different woman usually is pretty expensive

• Options

Again did I say that it’s disgusting that Kap is very rich now 🙄

• Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭

Gene Simmons - $300,000,000

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

Remember when Celtic Antoine Walker went through over 100 million. Filed for bankruptcy.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".