Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

OT: App vs Human Being

BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 15, 2019 2:10PM in U.S. Coin Forum

So a Man's Word Is His Bond seems to have died in this rapidly advancing technological age. I call a store to inquire availability and I'm told they just have one. I ask if they could hold it for me for 2 hours and I would be in to buy it. I'm told we can't do that, but if you download our App you can reserve it for a 24-48 hour hold. I ask if I can do it online and I'm told no has to be on the App. I ask do I pay for it and then pick it up in the store? I'm told no as it has to be paid for in the store. Do I leave a deposit? Once again told no. So the App will hold it for me and give me the benefit of doubt that I will pick it up in 1 or 2 days, but sadly no Human :/

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!

Comments

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

No human thought or discretion allowed. Either the computer (App) will let you or won't let you. Looks like they have lost the older customer service oriented ability. Just another sign of the improvements being made.

• Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭✭✭

NOTHING is more important than a mans word!
    All this electronic BS will bring down so much
    Millions of jobs losses
    We are currently experiencing a total lack of respect.

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is terrible. Horrible customer service.
    I agree with ptvetter, the same technology we have created, is destroying us.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

So disappointing when people act like robots rather than use some humanity when in contact with their fellow man. Sad. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,948 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are Apps the ultimate Cheap, Docile Labor that the corporations crave?

All glory is fleeting.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file