Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

AWESOME NEW GOLD PURCHASE! 2oz WEDGE TAIL EAGLE!

2»

Comments

• Options

@GotTheBug said:

@btcollects said:
    This whole hobby is rich guys buying magic beans. Collect what you like with money you can afford to lose. If the music ever stops, it's all worthless.

Also, some not-so-rich guys. Eventually, the music does stop, for everyone....

It also has to do with how cheap your in the coins to begin with. If the music does stop I’m Positive I’ll find a seat.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

Would you rather have that coin or 7 one ounce AGE?

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    blackhorse360blackhorse360 Posts: 299 ✭✭✭

@cohodk said:
    Would you rather have that coin or 7 one ounce AGE?

I’d rather have the 7 one ounce AGE’s

• Options
    ReadyFireAimReadyFireAim Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bidask said:
    That coin sure has a great eagle design !

I'm not a fan of most modern eagle designs but this one is great looking.

• Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, after all that drama, and less than a month later there it is listed on the BST. Guess you don't like that eagle so much after all (insert eyeroll emoji). Well, my previous comments stand on general principle, but this is definitely a point for the 'be more cynical next time' column.

Maybe listing it on THIS bst was not the choice most likely to garner you a buy offer.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

you never mentioned how much you paid for it. if it was from a large collection, you have a basic idea what you have in it

• Options

@Stork said:
    Well, after all that drama, and less than a month later there it is listed on the BST. Guess you don't like that eagle so much after all (insert eyeroll emoji). Well, my previous comments stand on general principle, but this is definitely a point for the 'be more cynical next time' column.

Maybe listing it on THIS bst was not the choice most likely to garner you a buy offer.

Why do you care? Maybe I just bought another coin for one of my sets and I have to sell something to fund it? Also I disagree about listing it here. I’ve sold 3 really nice coins on here already and have found that this is a great community. Finally your previous comments do not stand on general principle.

• Options

@coinpalice said:
    you never mentioned how much you paid for it. if it was from a large collection, you have a basic idea what you have in it

I’m in it really good so I’m not going to lose on this one

• Options

@ReadyFireAim said:

@bidask said:
    That coin sure has a great eagle design !

I'm not a fan of most modern eagle designs but this one is great looking.

It really is

• Options

your> @blackhorse360 said:

@coinpalice said:

at 5 k, you own it for life

• Options

@coinpalice said:
    your> @blackhorse360 said:

@coinpalice said:

at 5 k, you own it for life

Your right. I would take less

• Options

they lowered the mintage of the 2018 and 2019 wedge tails to 250 units because there was no demand for 500 of them

• Options

@coinpalice said:
    they lowered the mintage of the 2018 and 2019 wedge tails to 250 units because there was no demand for 500 of them

Yeah I think that it being 2oz of Gold limits the market right off the bat.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Wedge Tailed Eagles are designed by John Mercanti (12'th US Chief Engraver) and are into their 10'th anniversary this year. John designed the Heraldic Eagle on the ASE and has been working with Australia's Perth Mint and recently the Royal Mint. I love his Eagle designs and look forward to seeing each Eagle revealed annually. This is a coin, it is bullion, and it is collectable. (Some would just melt it, good for them, careful using a smelter...they get molten hot! To each his own.) I think this is his 2'nd design of the series and have them all, but only in silver....gold is a little pricey for me!!

• Options
    JabshierJabshier Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited March 18, 2024 3:17AM

@291fifth said:

@blackhorse360 said:

@291fifth said:
    It looks like two ounces of gold bullion to me ... nothing more.

Really? Gold bullion would be a 2oz Bar. This is a High Relief Proof. This is much different then 2oz bullion

To me all ultra-modern NCLT bullion "coins" are nothing but melt.

I have to disagree with this statement although I do collect classic coinage I sometimes dabble in modern silver bullion collecting as well … I do believe there is a “modern market” in future (well there’s a market now going on) for newer collectors getting into the hobby some folk aren’t afraid to spend more $$$$ for higher end and rare silver/gold bullion …. A lot of these so called “bullion” silver and gold rounds or whatever you want call them have a Low low mintage figure

Some folks look at them as a collectible Numismatic item … same way as someone who looks at high end Morgan dollars ! Wait ! Morgan are only worth their melt value !!! Right ??? Why are guys paying $5,000+ for high high end Morgan dollars ??? Why not pay melt value for them ???? Get the picture ??? They have price tag on them simply because there’s a market and demand among collectors for them without it they wouldn’t be worth anything other than precious melt value