Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Is this real

any ideas anyone

Comments

• tbishoprictbishopric Posts: 91 ✭✭✭

It's a REAL blurry photo. :)

• TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

You got a nice lump of bronze / copper there.

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, but the photos are just too poor to make any call. That said, the condition appears to be so poor I would not bother to spend any more time or effort on it.

All glory is fleeting.
  • bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks real, just very overcleaned and in poor condition. Not even worth .50.

• Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2019 12:26PM

A coworker likes to tell folks with this question: "Yes it is real. However, whether it is genuine or not I cannot say." After they think for few seconds, they get his "joke." :wink:

• acadienacadien Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

@291fifth said:
    Sorry, but the photos are just too poor to make any call. That said, the condition appears to be so poor I would not bother to spend any more time or effort on it.

I will send clean picture Thanks

@TwoKopeiki said:
    You got a nice lump of bronze / copper there.

OK nice joke by the way, Ill send clean picture

@tbishopric said:
    It's a REAL blurry photo. :)

Not a good photograph hey, will send better picture Thanks.

• yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please post photos of both sides, too.

There are many genuine coins from ancient Greece in this time period.
    Most are not especially rare or valuable.
    You can buy low end genuine coins for $5-10.

Thanks well appreciated

• SapyxSapyx Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

I suspect it's an unidentifiable "slug", badly worn and/or corroded. They can tell it's an ancient Geek coin (an assessment I'd agree is likely), but can't tell the ID any further than that.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.
    Roman emperor Marcus Aurelius, "Meditations"

Apparently I have been awarded one DPOTD. B)
  • Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you pop that holder open and take close and sharp images of the obv and rev?

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• sylsyl Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

The International Numismatic Bureau has got the date narrowed down to 700 years.

@Namvet69 said:
    Can you pop that holder open and take close and sharp images of the obv and rev?

Yes I can open the holder. I will send better picture soon , Thank for looking to this.