Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Paypal ?

I am a past eBay seller of baseball cards. Never a problem, no issues, great feedback, etc, etc. I took a break for perhaps a year+, just decided to keep my stuff for a while. So, having now decided to sell again, I put 7 cards up Wednesday night. Almost immediately one sold for $850+, the other for $100+. Thursday I box up and ship the cards to buyers using a printed label available to sellers that just about everybody uses.

So, I see the funds are "green" in my email sales account. I decide to check my Paypal account and find that the $100+ card monies are available, but the $850+ money is on hold. Not being familiar with this, I call Paypal. Lady tells me when the "$850+" card is scanned in as delivered to the buyer, 24 hours from that point my money is released. Lady at Paypal tells me my past selling record is perfect, but because I took a break, I need to reestablish myself as a credible seller. Weird stuff!!

I'm struggling trying to appreciate the reason for this by Paypal. Can anyone enlighten me on this?

Comments

• Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

I recently had this happen to me. The buyer needs to mark as delivered like the lady said. I marked as delivered because I was confident in getting the item. Money was paid at once.

PackManInNC
  • Options

Could be worse - if you had opened a new account they are holding funds 30 days for the first 90 days.

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess too many people have sold things, gotten the $$ and perhaps never shipped the goods, thus this policy.

However, it just so happens that these 2 sales put me at exactly 1000 transactions, both as seller and buyer. As mentioned, my buyer feedback was always positive, no neutrals or negs. One would think Paypal would take that into account before holding funds from someone with such a stellar track record.

Well, my big $$ card is signature required, so I'm right at 100% positive my case will be ok.

Tks for the responses.
    Al

• Options

Moved from B/S/T forum

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

Quick follow up...

My $875 baseball card sale has cleared Paypal. As a point of information, it arrived at its destination in 2 days, signature required. The P.O. made an attempt to delivery last Friday at 12:10PM, nobody there to sign, no action Saturday, or yesterday, Monday.

So, Paypal must see that an attempt was made and concluded that the piece was actually mailed, but the buyer hadn't signed, but released my $$. Point is that even though it was sig required, and not yet signed for, they saw the attempted delivery and let me have my funds. Logical conclusion on their part.