Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

PCGS Currency website INOP, Now a Coin Site

Has anyone else seen this?

https://www.pcgscurrency.com/

Comments

• Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

Under Construction.....maybe a little website maintenance ?

• synchrsynchr Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2019 5:09PM

Nobody maintains or deploys a website update by means of "Under Construction - PCGA Currency" and expects subscribers to be happy.
    People who have paid are not getting access to the pop reports or the registry

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nada !!! :'(

Timbuk3

Still down and both FB pages are void. Has anyone done a search on the bankruptcy filings in Il?

edited February 2, 2019 11:21AM

Thank you for your observation and participation that it is
    Still valid news that paying PCGS subscribers do not have access to their Registry Sets, Population Reports or any other paying services. Website being down this number of days is quite suspicious, especially since one of the founding members departed last month.
    Yes, I did see this on the PMG boards.

• @synchr said:
    Yes, I did see this on the PMG boards.

Hilarious!

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

nope haven't seen it

• Since PCGS knew well ahead of time (10 years), that this date was the end and they kept their paying customers 100% in the dark about the end, we can see this was deliberate to bilk paying members >

I'll presume that you are merely misinformed, rather than deliberately misrepresenting the facts. The License with CU was renewable for 10 years (total 20 year license), and this date was not "the end." Apparently, other business factors led to K3B not renewing the license.

I'm not saying this was handled well from a customer/public relations point of view, at all. But, what you stated about the license is patently false.

• zodiac65zodiac65 Posts: 275 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this is too "Captain Obvious", but taking down the cert. verification should be unacceptable for every PCGS Currency holder - you need to verify your notes, even if you've never paid a subscription fee.

"They lost because their phenoms failed to phenominate." - Yogi Berra
  • Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

If CU states, “Please note that any claim that anyone will holder your notes in PCGS Currency holders is false.” My question is, What holder will the notes be in ? If someone submitted notes in late January and the notes are waiting to be graded and holdered....what holder will the notes be in, and who exactly is grading them ?

• @mbwizkid said:
    If CU states, “Please note that any claim that anyone will holder your notes in PCGS Currency holders is false.” My question is, What holder will the notes be in ? If someone submitted notes in late January and the notes are waiting to be graded and holdered....what holder will the notes be in, and who exactly is grading them ?

Still waiting for the notes that I dropped of at the Baltimore show in november 2018

• genlougenlou Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited February 10, 2019 8:38PM

They still have my note that they received oct 1, was told by crystal it would mail out by mid February? I am at a loss do are they keeping our notes or is a lawsuit the only way to get your notes back? I have emailed over the last week and a half but get no response?

• telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

As of today (2/14) typing in the address only brings up a server runtime error page for me. I feel badly for people with notes still hanging with no explanation.

Since K3B supposedly isn't exercising their "license renewal" option, then is it not possible for CU to retake control of and/or recreate the original PCGS currency division again, assuming they even want to? And more importantly, if PCGS Currency goes totally defunct, does that potentially hurt the market value of items in their holders?

RIP Mom- 1932-2012

This whole fiasco is absolutely ridiculous !!! :'(

Timbuk3

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭
    edited February 15, 2019 5:35AM

@telephoto1 said:

...Since K3B supposedly isn't exercising their "license renewal" option ...

I’m not sure that’s exactly what’s happened. I don’t know that K3B was ALLOWED to renew their license. I would imagine they probably wanted to do so but were unable to.

Of course this is speculation and dangerous in my part.

• I emailed late last week because I submitted several items in November. Below is the response I received verbatim:

I know people are saying a lot of different things in regards to our company. If you could please give us a few more days.

Jason is going to release a statement tomorrow Friday the 15th, or Monday the 18th the latest.

Thank you for your patience..

• JoeCorradoJoeCorrado Posts: 51 ✭✭
    edited February 21, 2019 2:58AM

Just an aside on how this can affect buyers and sellers, not just PCGS submitters.

I was nearly ready to make a purchase about a week ago, and it was enough of an investment that I wanted to check the certification. I could not do so and the sale fell through for that reason.

These things should have been thought out better ahead of time. Things like cutting off access to a required resource like this should not happen with an organization that prides itself in professionalism. Just saying.

@mbwizkid said:

Don't worry, this is not appearing to be a "Bait and Switch" nor would there be any reason to believe there is favortism. Simply call them and ask then they will send your submission back. Sure, transparancy would have been the more preferred route but at least you have only lost time. Do you recall the internal thievery reported in 2014?
    __
    "Posted June 2, 2014
    Currency dealer Carl Bombara of New York told me that PCGS currency had suffered an employee theft of over six figures dollarwise in notes at their Illinois headquarters recently. I hope a list of the stolen notes will be posted here so collectors will be on the lookout for the stolen notes.
    http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=23&threadid=918430 "__

The internal theft was an employee taking things before they were logged in... and had someone apparently not recognized their own submitted note(s) for sale at a show it might have gone on a while longer. Jason inexplicably got angry when that theft news was originally posted here even though it had already been both locally and nationally reported by that time.

As to the "ask them and they will send your submission back" thing... I've stated this elsewhere...if I had notes hanging that I sent in before the announcement about this new company, I'd be more than a bit miffed right now. I presumably paid for PCGS-C holders, not those of a new and not yet market acceptable company. Now, sure you can get a refund and your notes back (eventually), but regardless, this will have been a huge waste of time... and you'll still have no holdered notes. As for us, we're waiting to see if PCGS is relaunching the Currency division. Otherwise one might find themselves throwing good money after bad reholdering again.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012

OMG !!! :'(

Timbuk3
  • Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 21, 2019 9:31PM

How does this affect values of our notes in Pcgs holders then? Will Pcgs offer free crossover to the new holders?

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency

@Cougar1978 said:
    How does this affect values of our notes in Pcgs holders then? Will Pcgs offer free crossover to the new holders?

As we know, CU has regained rights to the PCGS-C brand but has yet to do anything with it. The new service run by the previous owner of PCGS-C has yet to really launch said service (Legacy), and things are confusing in that regard. There are a lot of people with note submissions that go back to as far as last October that haven't gotten their notes back, in or out of a holder. And Lord only knows what this means for registry sets etc. if they even exist after this. This new service has no-showed several major shows where they said they'd be, including CSNS in Chicago. No free crossover but maybe at a discount, not sure of that. But that said, I don't think I'd be in a hurry to do subs until this service is acknowledged as market acceptable by places like Heritage, Stacks, eBay etc. as an accepted service. And we aren't subbing anything until we know if CU is going to relaunch PCGS Currency in a new form. I think we'd rather go with the established brand name, all else being equal.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012