Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2017 NFL Draft Class Oh So Good

I really think the 2017 draft class will go down as one of the best ever. The list below contains some of the best guys at their position already...and there are plenty of other guys in the 2017 draft who I didn't list below who are or could be very good players...I still think one can do well buying unopened product from 2017 and stashing it away, or opening for grading possibilities. Even the base cards of Mahomes are selling well, but when you add in the countless number of other stars from this class, I think it is a winning proposition to buy cards from this year...I know for myself, in the December of 2017, I bought a good deal of unopened product during Black Friday from Dave and Adams, Steel City, etc...I did so due to the number of players I saw at that time who were making big splashes on their teams (and Mahomes wasn't even on the radar yet at that time)..

Anyone else stocking up on 2017 product/players?

1 1 1 Cleveland Browns Myles Garrett DE Texas A&M
1 2 2 Chicago Bears Mitchell Trubisky QB North Carolina
1 4 4 Jacksonville Jaguars Leonard Fournette RB LSU
1 8 8 Carolina Panthers Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
1 10 10 Kansas City Chiefs Patrick Mahomes QB Texas Tech
1 11 11 New Orleans Saints Marshon Lattimore CB Ohio State
1 12 12 Houston Texans Deshaun Watson QB Clemson
1 25 25 Cleveland Browns Jabrill Peppers S Michigan
1 30 30 Pittsburgh Steelers T.J. Watt OLB Wisconsin
2 9 41 Minnesota Vikings Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
2 16 48 Cincinnati Bengals Joe Mixon RB Oklahoma
2 30 62 Pittsburgh Steelers JuJu Smith-Schuster WR USC
3 3 67 New Orleans Saints Alvin Kamara RB Tennessee
3 20 84 Tampa Bay Bucs Chris Godwin WR Penn State
3 22 86 Kansas City Chiefs Kareem Hunt RB Toledo
3 32 96 Detroit Lions Kenny Golladay WR Northern Illinois
3 41 105 Pittsburgh Steelers James Conner RB Pittsburgh
4 12 119 Chicago Bears Tarik Cohen RB North Carolina A&T
5 38 182 Green Bay Packers Aaron Jones RB Texas-El Paso

Comments

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

2017 outperformed the expectations. The QB class was considered OK with none of them having a grade as high as Goff or Wentz from 2016. Now there are at least 2 franchise QBs and one potential (Trubisky). The RBs are strong as well but that can change quickly.

The 2016-2017-2018 draft classes really saved Panini's bacon on their exclusive license. The demand for product has really covered up what has been poor product management.

Mike
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought some prizm but opened them all.
    Seems like Mahomes cards have gone down a bit since the loss to the Pats.
    May go up again if he's named MVP.

• Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

Mahomes, Watson and JuJu are the potential long term values I see.

JuJu will be a top star next season with Brown leaving Pittsburgh. (Also why Antonio Brown had a bitch fit this year, he was having to give ground to a better player)

Possibly McCaffrey or Kamara get in there.

Apologies to Myles Garrett but no one pays big bucks for defensive players cards.

Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options

While defensive players are usually not the top guys, the very top defensive players are attractive investments. Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, JJ Watt, Luke Kuechly, and Aaron Donald rookies sell well.

Mike
  • Options
    Kep13Kep13 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Ronnie Lott, Charles Woodson, Michael Strahan, a certain punter named Ray Guy, etc....tho offensive players clearly lead the way, there are plenty of defensive guys that have decent value...if you are one of the elite players at your position, chances are there will be demand for your cards -- at some point....

• Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

2017 NFL Draft best since 2000 ? Could be.

Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options

The 2018 Draft Class could be the best since 2004, which I consider the best in 2000's. 2004 has 3 HOF QBs and 1 HOF WR locked in with at least 6 more guys strong contenders (5 of which are defensive players.

Between 2017 and 2018, the 5 QBs in 2018 are tough to pass up. Plus Barkley seems like the best RB in either year.

Mike
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

So the 2017 draft class has already produced an MVP!
    First Chiefs player ever to win the award.

• Options
    JakeR2234JakeR2234 Posts: 236 ✭✭✭

(4) Chicago Bears (all-Pro) S Eddie Jackson

PC Walter Payton - Bear Down!