Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1968 Topps Nolan Ryan Rc - Thoughts on Grading - Miscut or OC??

Thanks in advance for everyone's feedback!

I have a 1968 Topps Nolan Ryan Rc that I inherited from a large collection. I'm pretty good with grading a card when it comes to giving it a PSA 7, 8, 9, etc., but not too familiar with criteria for PSA handing out Miscut designations, as opposed to OC. I'm highly confident my Ryan would receive minimum grade of 8, and quite possibly a 9.

Hoping I can get some thoughts from collectors as to whether they think my Ryan would get a Miscut or just an OC designation? The print lines on the left side of the card worry me a bit, however I don't see another card on that side.

Picture of my card is included. Thanks for looking and giving feedback!
B

Comments

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd guess OC instead of MC, and that it's quite possibly a Milton Bradley card instead of a regular Topps. You should show a scan of the back, and also compare the brightness of the yellow to other 1968 cards in your possession.

• Options

I should clarify...I don't necessarily believe that it is a Milton Bradley issued Nolan Ryan, but it is something for you to investigate. The back of a Milton Bradley issue will be a much brighter yellow, as opposed to a dingy gold that is on the regular Topps issue.

• Options

Thanks for the input Count! I doubt its a Milton because my late Uncle, who handed these down to me got most of his cards from packs. Here is a picture of the back of the card! Thanks again!

• Options

I'm sure there will be others chime in with much more expertise than me, but I'd guess it would grade a straight 7 or perhaps 8 OC. I would definitely submit it and find out, as everything else is just speculation. It is certainly a very nice card in any regards! Much better than the PSA 5 that I own. Good luck!

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely not a MB. That would be considered OC

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks just OC to me. I think the best you would probably get is an 8 OC or straight 6. The left to right centering I don't think is good enough for a straight PSA 7. It is close but really hard to tell. Those 68's hide a lot of corner damage so getting a 9 OC would be very tough. I would look at the corners with a magnifier to evaluate all 4 corners. They look pretty good from the pict. so a 9 OC is an outside shot. Good luck.