Home Sports Talk

Patriots star Rob Gronkowski's suggestive remark to female reporter draws backlash

2»

Comments

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:
    We have two weeks to kill lets ask every single player if they are going to retire after the game. Even the rookies

I searched for the video or audio on this "important" matter and couldn't find one. There were a few other videos of Gronk being interviewed in the past few days, a press conference, etc, but none with this particular language.

On one of recent interviews, some of the questions were so lame, Gronk gave a few of them a mini eye roll, and I thought he was going to snap. I wouldn't have blamed him.

First time I've really ever watched Gronk in depth being interviewed. Anyone can say whatever they want about Gronk, but this is not overall a dumb individual. He actually displays a lot of pretty good common sense on various subjects, and his praise for his team, coach and teammates is very sincere.

It's easy to see why Belichick likes him because Gronk is very coachable, and why along with his athletic talent, has become a premier tight end in the NFL.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Remember in 2014 when the press was so made at Marshawn Lynch for not answering questions?

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:
    Remember in 2014 when the press was so made at Marshawn Lynch for not answering questions?

"I'm only here so I don't get fined" IS an answer! LOL

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

@JoeBanzai said:

@bronco2078 said:

didn't he do one where he kept saying the word"skittles" ? he had a commercial for skittles i think

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@bronco2078 said:

didn't he do one where he kept saying the word"skittles" ? he had a commercial for skittles i think

NFL shouldn't make some of these guys talk to the press.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@bronco2078 said:

I just came across an old thread on the BO forums about a guy scamming people by selling fake Marshawn Lynch "autographed" bags of skittles for $25 each.

• TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

That's the way I read it as well. But you should understand that the best way to get under a guy's skin and tick him off the most is not to insult him directly, but to insult his female family member or say a female he is associated with such a fellow news reporter.

Oh, absolutely. You can say pretty much whatever you want to me. Not so much my wife.

• TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@bronco2078 said:
    We have two weeks to kill lets ask every single player if they are going to retire after the game. Even the rookies

I searched for the video or audio on this "important" matter and couldn't find one. There were a few other videos of Gronk being interviewed in the past few days, a press conference, etc, but none with this particular language.

On one of recent interviews, some of the questions were so lame, Gronk gave a few of them a mini eye roll, and I thought he was going to snap. I wouldn't have blamed him.

First time I've really ever watched Gronk in depth being interviewed. Anyone can say whatever they want about Gronk, but this is not overall a dumb individual. He actually displays a lot of pretty good common sense on various subjects, and his praise for his team, coach and teammates is very sincere.

It's easy to see why Belichick likes him because Gronk is very coachable, and why along with his athletic talent, has become a premier tight end in the NFL.

Make no mistake, Gronk is no dummy. For example, he has never spent a dime of his NFL salary or bonuses. He lives entirely off of endorsement money.

@Tabe said:

@stevek said:

@bronco2078 said:

Make no mistake, Gronk is no dummy. For example, he has never spent a dime of his NFL salary or bonuses. He lives entirely off of endorsement money.

Rob Gronkowski is a future Hall of Famer. That's not even debatable.

Think about it...is there any hall of famer from any major team sport who should be considered a dummy? I can't think of a single one off the cuff. It may not realistically be possible for someone to rise to a hall of fame level and be stupid.

Terry Bradshaw comes to mind as someone who many out there may perceive that he is dumb from his reputation as a player. However in my opinion, watching him on Fox sports for years, Bradshaw is anything but dumb. Self-deprecating humor and intentionally acting silly at times is not a sign of lack of intelligence. Actually, it is often a sign of someone who has a lot of confidence in himself and his abilities.

I remember sometime in grade school, being told that in a comedy team of two comedians whereby there was usually a dumb one and a smarter straight man. It was always the one who played dumb in the act who in real life was actually the much smarter of the two who wrote the material and was often highly intelligent. I didn't believe that when i first heard it, but it turns out it is absolutely true.

I realize some may envision a football card pic of some of those "strange" looking hall of fame linemen who some look like they should be housed in a cage (LOL). I wouldn't be surprised if most if not all of them turned out to have nice families and were successful in whatever career they had after football.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

am i allowed to retract my earlier statement? i never would have suspected Gronk to be so conscientious with his money. he always struck me as the type to be penniless not long after his playing career ended.

book.......cover.......lesson learned

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    am i allowed to retract my earlier statement? i never would have suspected Gronk to be so conscientious with his money. he always struck me as the type to be penniless not long after his playing career ended.

Got you covered Galaxy, after being such a good sport with the Avatar bet your credit is good with me, retracted statement noted 🗒🖌🆗

@galaxy27 said:

Let this be duly noted for prosperity that it's the first time in the history of CU Sports Talk that anyone has ever admitted that they were wrong. ;)

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

i will never be opposed to admitting when i'm wrong

but i am very much opposed to developing arthritis in my finger joints prematurely, so let's just allow my playoff picks to rest in peace

If the pats win then brady will be 6 of 9 in superbowls, so 69 will be toms favorite number too

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2019 11:19AM

@galaxy27 said:

You actually said he “comes across” like the dumbest person alive . He indeed does at times seem that way and is a big goof but that obviously is only part of the story. Thank goodness. I’m a fan

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......