Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Latest PSA Sub In Hand With Scans (worth the wait:)

slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭

So Mike (rexvos) was nice enough to let me piggyback on a bulk sub with him last September. This was right before the bulk subs jumped from $7 to $8/card. Well, it turns out we might not have been the only ones who snuck cards in before the increase, lol. 86 Business Days later and overall I am happy with the grades: 11 - 10's and 2 - 9's on cards ranging from 1992 to 2017. These results fall in line with what I have been getting over the last year or so. I am most happy with the Luka Doncic PSA 10. I have many of his cards currently at PSA and hopefully this will be the first of many 10's. Probably my favorite card is the Jerry West Auto. Thanks for looking.

Steve

Comments

• Options
    Kep13Kep13 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Nice assortment and grades...guessing you have looked at the two 9's and still think they should be 10's? Did you buy that Doncic card raw? Not sure how one buys those cards in packs? Are they only available overseas in unopened product?

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I saw the thread title I assumed it would take a long time to load, but was worth OUR wait to see the pictures.

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like Josh Jackson is wearing a purple construction helmet.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options

@Kep13 said:
    Nice assortment and grades...guessing you have looked at the two 9's and still think they should be 10's? Did you buy that Doncic card raw? Not sure how one buys those cards in packs? Are they only available overseas in unopened product?

Thanks! I actually more or less agree with the 9 on the MJ. I sort of can see why the Acuna Series 2 got a 9 too (top right corner shows what might be a touch of wear). I will almost certainly look over the Acuna a little more carefully and see if my notes from before the submission mentioned any possible surface issues. The Acuna may be taking a return trip up the road to Newport in its future .

As for the Luka card, I purchased it ungraded off of eBay. My understanding is that these cards were actually not available in actual packs. I don't collect Upper Deck since they lost their NBA license so I don't know if this is true. But, the information I have read makes it sound like this base set was distributed electronically in E-Packs. I believe you had to collect so many of his base digital cards and then you could trade them in online for a physical copy of either this Rainbow Foil version or a Patterned Rainbow version of his XRC (the patterned is rarer I think and more valuable). This information may turn out to be apocryphal but as of now it is my story and I am sticking with it.

@daltex said:
    When I saw the thread title I assumed it would take a long time to load, but was worth OUR wait to see the pictures.

Lol, well, I have a 155 bulk sub at PSA now, so that one may take longer to load. Hopefully the turnaround will be faster for me, but I am not holding my breath. If the grades turn out like this though, I will take whatever wait I am given.

@PROMETHIUS88 said:
    Looks like Josh Jackson is wearing a purple construction helmet.

Haha. Yeah, De'Aaron Fox and I think one other player from the set has a similar haircut, so they look equally ridiculous. No matter how many times I see the card I always think they are wearing a hard hat, lol.

Steve
  • Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats! Nice yahtzee on the Doncic, not sure if you are selling or not but the market looks to be primed for it!

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

Nice 10s!

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭✭✭

sweet sub Steve -- love the Luka

youngest player to fool around and get a 30-pt trip doub!

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow - really sweet - Steve.

Getting a 9 in the "Emotion" card is no easy job - very nice buddy.

Mike
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2019 1:17AM

@maddux69 said:
    Congrats! Nice yahtzee on the Doncic, not sure if you are selling or not but the market looks to be primed for it!

Haha. Yahtzee indeed. As he started heating up, I became more eagerly to find out if this would get a 10 or not. I was pretty confident but couldn't wait for the result. The card looks nice in hand, however, I do plan on putting it up for sale. I have always liked Prizm and Optic parallels, so I plan to use this card to pick up a nice color variation from one of those sets.

@HighGradeLegends said:
    Nice 10s!

Thank you Sir!

@galaxy27 said:
    sweet sub Steve -- love the Luka

youngest player to fool around and get a 30-pt trip doub!

Thanks Stephen. Yeah, I am hyped for the Luka Doncic experience. He seems to be getting better and better as the season goes along. He is probably my favorite player to come along since Curry became Curry. Luckily, I got in on some of his cards relatively early in his hype cycle. I am priced out of a lot of his nicer Prizm parallels for now, but I have some nice ones at PSA currently (or on their way shortly). With some of my extras, I hope to parlay them into some different cards when they get back from PSA.

@Stone193 said:
    Wow - really sweet - Steve.

Getting a 9 in the "Emotion" card is no easy job - very nice buddy.

Thanks Mike. Yes, I had a feeling that card might be a 9. I actually had the card for a while in a CS1 and waited to sub it since I mostly collect 10's. I figured with subs going from $7 to $8, I might as well send it in to see what I could get. Was hoping for the 10 but the 9 is fair. Overall I am happy with getting 10's on three out of four 90's cards.

Steve