Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

PSA Auto Authentication

Hello, I first emailed PSA this question but no response. I have accumulated a number of signed cards over the years, not the modern manufacturer-certified type. In looking at the PSA dual service, it says I can authenticate the auto and card for $20 (dec value <$499). There is also the auto encapsulation service where each player carries an authentication fee, in some cases well north of $20 each. If I submitted all these cards under the dual service, would I only pay the $20 per item, no matter the player? Thanks for your help!

Answers

• rounding3rdrounding3rd Posts: 287 ✭✭✭

If the declared value for each card is under $499 then yes, $20 each. But I’m sure there’s some sort of quality assurance review they do, to ensure people don’t submit very expensive cards under the lower fee service by just listing the declared value lower.

Working on Baseball HOF Autograph Set Registry
  • To the original poster, if you hear back from PSA, please update this thread. I'm also relatively new to getting autographed cards authenticated, and I don't understand how this works. (I would also email PSA customer service, but they've never responded to the 3 messages I've previously sent to them over the past year or so. I guess I'll just call next time.)

But say I have a 1988 Fleer Larry Bird signed card. The PSA/DNA fee for authenticating Larry Bird is $30. Wouldn't I have to pay $30 plus the $20 to get the card graded/authenticated? PSA is in business to make money, so I don't understand why there would be any discount.

• alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    edited January 26, 2019 10:22AM

@KnightRider said:

But say I have a 1988 Fleer Larry Bird signed card. The PSA/DNA fee for authenticating Larry Bird is $30. Wouldn't I have to pay $30 plus the $20 to get the card graded/authenticated? PSA is in business to make money, so I don't understand why there would be any discount.

No. It would be $20. Slabbing signed cards are treated different than other items

Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page