Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

92 Bowman Rivera on top pack

Hey fellas. With Mariano’s induction, it reminded me that I’ve had this item for a few years now.

92 Bowman jumbo pack, and while it may not show through well on the image, it is indeed Mr. Rivera resting on top. I got this from one of the miconelegacy BBCE board group rips some years ago.

I have no plans to sell, as I passively collect packs with stars on top, but I am still curious what the board thinks the value would be. I quickly poked around with a search and couldn’t find one, recently, anyway.

Thanks for any input

Comments

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

that is a cool find. I wonder if the value would be held back because you cannot clearly see Rivera on the front? maybe like getting a key rookie on the back of a wax pack?

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 25, 2019 6:28AM

This is one of those things that's just so tough to gauge. It's something that comes up for sale so infrequently and also has a narrow market so you need would need to get lucky on an auction. If it were me, I'd put it up with a high B/O and be willing to wait 6 months. I think $350-$400 w/ B/O and then test the waters. Most people aren't going to be interested at that price but chances are that there will be one or two people that will "have to have it." It's a nice piece.

Arthur

ETA: I'd get it slabbed first.

• Options
    PorkinsPorkins Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Thanks a lot, guys, I appreciate the input.

Interesting idea that could hold its value down relatively, Craig, I hadn’t thought about that.

Thanks for the thoughts, Arthur. It’s a mute point, as I don’t plan to sell it, but I’ve never subbed a pack, and I wonder aloud if PSA would even have a holder to fit this non-traditional packaged/sized jumbo?

• Options
    FirstBeardFirstBeard Posts: 467 ✭✭✭

Very cool piece. Based on the prices now for a raw rivera, I'd say $175-250. The old rule for a rc showing used to be 3x the value of mint raw + pack cost. Not sure if that still holds true. Glad to hear you are holding onto it.

• Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

Sweet Pack! Pretty sure PSA would holder in a Cello Slab and fold flaps, but I’d defer to experts. The holder and notation of Rivera on front would help any resale and would prob be a low pop pack that may help even more in terms of value...even if that’s not the immediate goal. I think that would be a very liquid asset. Congrats!

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 25, 2019 1:34PM

Ya know that you're getting old?

When an HOF'er RC is in a 1992 pack of cards.

Hiya Scott

That's really cool buddy.

Ya know. I think I remember that nobody wanted 92B when it first came out?

Thanx for sharing.

Mike
  • Options
    PorkinsPorkins Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the kind words, guys, I do think it’s a pretty cool pack, and glad others appreciate it too.

Hi there, Mike, hope this message finds you well.

I know it’s all relative, but tell me about it. I vividly remember my mother getting black balloons seemingly just a few years ago, and then I blinked, and 4-0 is now bearing down on me like a water buffalo.

• Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

My wife just started asking me what I want to do for the big 4-0. It's in a few months. I told her I want to turn 38! Incidentally she turns 38 a month after I turn 40.

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome pack to have. But this is what I hate about these packs: I like to see the player on top. I collect unopened cello and rack packs for the sole reason of being able to see the players on top. Nonetheless, congrats!

Andy

• Options
    magicpapamagicpapa Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭

@Stone193 said:
    Ya know that you're getting old?

When an HOF'er RC is in a 1992 pack of cards.

Hiya Scott

That's really cool buddy.

Ya know. I think I remember that nobody wanted 92B when it first came out?

Thanx for sharing.

B)