Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

For the Griffey Lover ~

Here is a sharp 1/1 with a 10/10 PSA/DNA of Upper Deck RC......with 6 days left on ebay its already at $4050.00......whats your guess at the final gavel price?

Comments

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭✭✭

My guess would have been less than it already hit so obviously I have no idea! It is a nice looking card.

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24, 2019 8:43PM

Whatever my winning bid is. :smile:

Lovely card.

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

This card is really getting some serious interest.

34 bidders so far and $6,202 currently.

Thanks for pointing this card out. I love to watch auctions for such unique items.

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MLBdays said:
    I'm guessing this card could fetch 9-10k..... we shall see. A new lane to collecting is the goal of getting the RC auto'd and then trying to hit the 10/10.... grueling challenge but rewarding!

I just looked at the pop report and something stands out as interesting to me. The Gary Sheffield has 14 PSA 10's that are signed and there is obviously only 1 Griffey Jr. and 19 PSA 9's out of 191 graded.

When you look at the non signed pop report the Griffey Jr. has a 5.1% chance of a PSA 10 and the Sheffield a 26.4% chance and some of this variance obviously has to do with there is more demand for the Griffey across grades and so not near perfect examples get subbed where as the Sheffield you need a 10 or your losing money and the potential reward isn't very high anyway.

Being the first card in the set obviously will hurt the Griffey in factory set form in some cases but is there anything else out there that could cause the Griffey to be a much tougher 10? Could the placement on the sheet be a big enough issue or is there some other issue that plagues the Griffey? If not this could lend some credence to the idea that superstar cards are harder to get in a 10.

The reason I ask is this sounds like a great risk reward scenario to try and duplicate this card. I see that the Griffey is close to a $500 card now and this is still a 13 fold increase which is huge.

Thoughts?

• Options
    magicpapamagicpapa Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭

Very Nice

• Options
    BishtwBishtw Posts: 181 ✭✭✭

$9,027 with 15 hours left.

1954 Football Bowman
    1956 Topps
    1957 Topps
    Redskins HOF Rookies
    Redskins Ring of Fame Rookies
    Slinging Sammy Baugh
    Redskins Tickets (Stubs)
    Redskins Matchbooks

• Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

According to watchcount, there are 243 "watching" this auction. I am certainly one of them and very interested in the hammer price. It's looking like a 5-digit sale price. Anybody know when and where Jr. is doing his next signing?

Andy

• Options

Make that 244.

• Options

Well, no final fury.. $9,027.

• Options

Lotso Money Right There!!!

• Options