other websites to purchase from?

other than:

ebay
comc
sportslots
fb
beckett marketplace
amazon

where are some other places to buy junk wax - modern era cards in bulk?

Comments

• Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

twitter

• Options
    CdnOsfanCdnOsfan Posts: 279 ✭✭✭

I have found some deals on Craigslist, my wife loves it when I check it out and meet strangers when we are in the U.S. and I also have found some great stuff on Kijiji in Canada. Facebook too.

Recently I picked up a 1984 OPC baseball Wax box and a nice run of OPC baseball sets (1982- 1989) locally for $120 CDN. There is a lot of crap and people who think their 1992-93 Score hockey commons are worth a fortune though.....I was in Niagara Falls, NY in the summer and picked up 20 or so sealed baseball factory sets for $80 including a 1993 Topps with Jeter RC....

I was in Baltimore last summer and found a guy in his 80's on Craigslist advertising a Boog Powell autographed bat for $25 and went to his house to get it. The bat was worth more than $25 with or without one of Boog's 1,000,000 autographs on it. He invited me in and showed me his "Orioles Museum" in his basement, WOW! I picked up a few more things unexpectedly. I REALLY wanted his 4 - 20 game Winners autographed picture (Palmer-Mcnally-Cuellar-Dobson) but he wasn't quite ready to part with it. My wife was freaking out when I got back out to the car 30 minutes later, thinking I had been killed.

All 3 times, I did not have to haggle, they asked MORE THAN FAIR prices which I gladly paid.

There is another guy that I have fun with, that lists the same lot of late 80's/ early 90's wax every few months online for about 3 years now with no price. He always says that he needs to move it right away. I send him an offer and he gets mad and yells "TOO LOW" through his keyboard. I ask him what he is looking for and all I ever get back is "MUCH MORE." He is a man of few words! Then a few months later, the same ad pops back up.....