Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins

1 sold 1 sent for grading thank you

jfoot13jfoot13 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭

I just purchased a good sized world lot and these medals were in the collection. I really don't want to throw them into the " I'll get around to looking this up later baggie which has morphed into the 3rd green monster box in the closet " and I feel guilty asking others to pick their brains in the forum knowing full well I'm only going to post it for resale here , so here they are if you have an interest let me know what they're worth and what you're willing to pay for them.

thanks in advance
ken

If you can't swim you better stay in the boat.......

Comments

• maplemanmapleman Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jfoot13 said:
    I just purchased a good sized world lot and these medals were in the collection. I really don't want to throw them into the " I'll get around to looking this up later baggie which has morphed into the 3rd green monster box in the closet " and I feel guilty asking others to pick their brains in the forum knowing full well I'm only going to post it for resale here , so here they are if you have an interest let me know what they're worth and what you're willing to pay for them.

thanks in advance
    ken

I have no idea of value on the two medals but the JP Jones is of interest.

• maplemanmapleman Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22, 2019 6:46AM

I found two sold on heritage same auction that sold for just under 3k.each

Nice medal but not for me.

• jfoot13jfoot13 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭

When I purchased these they were in paper envelopes one had the notation 150 pounds 1982 and the other 50 pounds 1983. I know nothing about medals and paid according to these prices. How does on go about selling medals? I only bought these because I try to buy everything when making offers on collections and keep what's in my wheelhouse and flip the rest ( hopefully for a profit ) any guidance on selling these is appreciated.

thanks
    ken

If you can't swim you better stay in the boat.......
  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,071 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll 300 pounds for both. :)

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice score, congratulations !!! :)

Timbuk3