Home Sports Talk
Options

If the NFL admits they missed the call at the end of the Rams - Saints game???

2»

Comments

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭

They did nothing (about the outcome of the game) after "Bountygate" where players were offered money to injure guys on the other team.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sean Payton is at the NFL media day today wearing a Roger Goodell clown t-shirt under a Polo shirt. C'mon Sean go big or go home,lose the Polo.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:
    They did nothing (about the outcome of the game) after "Bountygate" where players were offered money to injure guys on the other team.

I'd like to see this in baseball. Spiked gloves , pointy things on each knee , I'd like to see a fragmentation grenade instead of a baseball. Maybe guys like david price would pitch faster if the ball could randomly blow their arm clean off.

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@JoeBanzai said:

I'd like to see this in baseball. Spiked gloves , pointy things on each knee , I'd like to see a fragmentation grenade instead of a baseball. Maybe guys like david price would pitch faster if the ball could randomly blow their arm clean off.

"Rollerball" baby!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:
    Sean Payton is at the NFL media day today wearing a Roger Goodell clown t-shirt under a Polo shirt. C'mon Sean go big or go home,lose the Polo.

I can't blame the Saints for being pi$$ed off!

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

Bad calls happen. Move on. Do what the rest of us do and complain to friends and coworkers for a while and then get on with your life. Don't try to look like a bunch a bunch of crybabies and put up billboards and start lawsuits. Bad calls occur at every level and there will not be a game replayed. Period.

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

On a side note, Vikings fans are just smiling because of the calls that occurred (or didn't occur) in the 2009 NFC Championship game against the Saints. It is called Karma.

• Options

@VikingDude said:
    On a side note, Vikings fans are just smiling because of the calls that occurred (or didn't occur) in the 2009 NFC Championship game against the Saints. It is called Karma.

Yes..........no sympathy for them. Ha ha.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VikingDude said:
    Bad calls happen. Move on. Do what the rest of us do and complain to friends and coworkers for a while and then get on with your life. Don't try to look like a bunch a bunch of crybabies and put up billboards and start lawsuits. Bad calls occur at every level and there will not be a game replayed. Period.

I agree to an degree. But most bad calls or no calls are too close to tell and do not decide the game. In this case the no call was "Butt Ugly" obvious and it did in FACT decide the game.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@VikingDude said:

I agree to an degree. But most bad calls or no calls are too close to tell and do not decide the game. In this case the no call was "Butt Ugly" obvious and it did in FACT decide the game.

You want to open that can of worms? No whistle play reviewed into a whistle? :D A hundred plays in a game can be reviewed and we need slow mo on every player thats within 3 feet of another player on each play to see if they touched. Cut to commercial for 5 minutes in between every play