Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

BRADY'S A FOOTBALL GOD!! Post a coin with a god on it.

2»

Comments

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 3, 2019 10:04PM

@RogerB said:
    There are 10 men on the field along with Brady. Lose any one of them and Brady, or any other individual player, is a "goat God."

Without Edleman, Brady is 11/23 in passing for 121 yards.

Rams offense was non existent thanks to bad play calling, execution and the Patriot defense.

• Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don’t go overboard on Brady this game. The offense scored 13 points. That would be a loss in almost any SB. Credit needs to go to their defense!

• Options
    RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2019 10:11AM

Teams were evenly matched, but Patriots were able to control the ball for most of the 1st quarter. That was a winning strategy (or luck) because the Rams defense played so much of the 1st quarter that they had no reserve energy for the 4th quarter. (If one looks back at NFL games over the past decade, the team that dominated the clock/ball control in the 1st quarter nearly always won the game. The halftime score was almost immaterial.)

But -- I wish they'd stop calling that ugly medal tossed a "coin." Or maybe use a real double eagle ... !

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Most all U.S. coins have "GOD" on them! ;)

• Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:
    The Rams are the best team in the NFL. There is bias against anything California. You know it, I know it. People see what they want to see. People believe what they want to believe.

You mean just as YOU are seeing what YOU want to see and YOU are believing what YOU want to believe?

• Options
    SmEagle1795SmEagle1795 Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are many gods to choose from on coinage but here's a depiction of Zeus with a beard that could have its own zip code:

Learn about our world's shared history told through the first millennium of coinage: Colosseo Collection
  • Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SmEagle1795 said:
    There are many gods to choose from on coinage but here's a depiction of Zeus with a beard that could have its own zip code:

The back of that horse looks like Bill Belicek 🙂

• Options
    markelman1125markelman1125 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

Libertas, goddess of Freedom and origin of the word Liberty. My Roman As of Nerva, 96-98 CE.
    GO PATS 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

• Options
    TONEDDOLLARSTONEDDOLLARS Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:
    The Rams are the best team in the NFL. There is bias against anything California. You know it, I know it. People see what they want to see. People believe what they want to believe.

Including you obviously 🙄

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:

Assuming your statement is true (I think KC is far better than the Rams), then the Rams choked in the game - big time. Or they got outcoached - big time. Or both.

Bias? You must be JOKING. Any bias this year was against the NO Saints who also beat the Rams in the playoffs, but the refs stole that game from them.

Should have been Brees vs Brady. LA should have been playing golf yesterday, or whatever is in vogue on the shaky side.

I don't follow any of these teams so I don't really care who wins or loses - lifelong Green Bay fan back to the Lombardi days. Remember that trophy the Rams didn't win is named for good 'ol Vince.

There, I fell much better. Looking forward to next season.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

GOAT !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not quite a god or goddess, but did find an OMG coin for others' perusal.

• Options
    USAFRETWIUSAFRETWI Posts: 464 ✭✭✭

Being a Vikings fan I’m so tired of hearing about the Saints call. Karma’s a ..... well you know.

• Options
    savitalesavitale Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m a Patriots fan and Brady may be the GOAT. But in this game he had one good drive in an otherwise marginal performance. It’s time for him and Gronk to retire. Go out as greatest, and his legend will grow with time. Don’t make us suffer through a couple years of watching them decline.

• Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5, 2019 5:19PM

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file