Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I just bought a Nolan Ryan RC in PSA 3.

Hello. Yesterday, I bought this nice Nolan Ryan RC in PSA 3 from a local dealer. It looks very nice. It's well-centered, and I don't see much wrong with it. I'm pretty happy with the price I paid. It was well below what this card normally goes for on Ebay. I've been collecting cards for many years, and always was a big Nolan fan. Somehow, this is the first time I've ever had his RC.

Comments

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice looking card. Congrats.

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice pickup. Great to get a card you have always wanted!

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

In the world of Ryan RCs - the centering is great and the card overall for a 3 looks super!

Very nice pickup.

Mike
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

VERY NICE!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great looking 3!

• Options

Thanks for the nice comments, guys!! Yes, I really love this card. I really don't know why it only graded a 3, but since it was already graded when I bought it, that was somebody else's bad luck. I really love the way the card looks, esp. the centering, even if it is just a 3.

• Options
    CWCW Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭

Classic card of a legendary player. Solid centering, too.

• Options

Back in 1991, I traded a big screen TV for my Ryan rookie. Pretty good deal I think since 45 inch TVs are like 150 bucks now, and that one weighed as much as a VW Beetle. Still have the card, raw, probably a 6.

• Options
    flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

No doubt on previous comments on your cards centering = outstanding!

My first Ryan was centered 5/95 and just kept gnawing at me until I found a more centered issue.

Glad you found yours right out of the gate - great find!

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭

@callsandputs said:
    Thanks for the nice comments, guys!! Yes, I really love this card. I really don't know why it only graded a 3, but since it was already graded when I bought it, that was somebody else's bad luck. I really love the way the card looks, esp. the centering, even if it is just a 3.

It's a nice looking card for a 3 but there always has to be an issue that makes it a 3. Sometimes it's obvious and affects the overall look of the card in an negative way, and sometimes it's hard to see and like this card enables you to get a nicer looking cad for the grade. On your card there's a crease coming down at an angle from the top to the left of 1968, and runs down through the NOL in Nolan. While it affects the grade, it doesn't affect the overall look of the card. This is a good case of grading kind of helping a buyer pay a proper amount for the grade of a card. If you were buying it and don't see a crease then you could pay too much. In the 3 holder you may not see the crease but you know there's got to be something there and will pay an appropriate price.