Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA 10 1972 Sunoco Staubach

I just pulled the 3rd PSA 10 of this sticker/stamp -- anyone know if there have been any sales of the other 2? There is only a PSA 9 I can find on Ebay, which went for $125....I am thinking a 10 would go for between $500 and $750? Anyone have a better feel for this, especially if you are a Staubach collector?

Comments

• Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations, great pull! I think you are in the right ballpark with the PSA 10. I've been satisfied with my 9 but would definitely be tempted by a 10.

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options

Awesome congrats!

• Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭
    edited January 19, 2019 10:41AM

Congrats. No data point for PSA 10s. Recent PSA 9s sales are below...

3/14/2018 $107.99 9 263073355775 eBay 4_sharp_corners Buy It Now 22980537
    9/24/2017 $152.50 9 401404728092 eBay pwcc_auctions Auction 25199996

There's a PSA 10 rookie -- 1972 Roger Staubach (Cowboys) NFLPA vinyl sticker on ebay as BIN best offer of
    $250.00. One PSA 10 1972 Roger Staubach (Cowboys) NFLPA vinyl sticker did recently sell for 125.00, which is a steal.

You really need to find the right buyer.

• Options
    Kep13Kep13 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Thanks for those numbers GoDodgers...I was fortunate enough to get 10's on an Eller and Gene Washington (49ers) as well, from the 6 Sunoco stamps I submitted....I bought about 20 of the 9-stamp sealed packs and was able to successfully remove a dozen or so stamps in good condition, and submitted the 6 best...it was a fun experiment...will probably look to buy some more of the selaed packs

• Options
    DEFPOTECDEFPOTEC Posts: 99 ✭✭✭

Impressive pull with the Staubach! Congrats. I’ve opened probably 120 sealed packs without pulling a Staubach. And even if I did, the odds it would be centered are super low. Still love opening, though! So many stars, including nine HOF rookies and six HOF prerookies. I’ve been unloading sheet doubles on eBay and might use the modest proceeds to pick up some more sealed packs. Find that elusive Staubach!

About conditioning, what’s your secret to pulling 10s? I haven’t graded any, in large part because I see zero consistency in graded examples on eBay.

• Options
    Kep13Kep13 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Yep -- as you have seen, the amount of white showing on the sides varies from stamp to stamp, pack to pack -- as long as the border matches up on both sides, and the top and bottom also have the same amount of border, it qualifies...all 4 sides do not have to match, just so long as opposite sides match...I wiggle the perforated edges back and forth til they almost fall apart, then gently tear apart...but, there are many times one can open up the 9-stamp pack, unfold, and you can instantly see all 9 stamps are off-centered....really is an exercise in futility for the most part....I had submitted an excellent Manning as well, but it somehow came up with a light crease in the middle, and I am sure I didn't submit it that way, but what can you do...

With my Staubach, which I will post a scan of tomorrow -- all 4 borders actually match up...she's a beaut...