Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Original PCGS Forum Member Roll Call - 2019 update

2»

Comments

  • Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Feb. 2001.
    I and others were on before the new forum in 2001

    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211


  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,702 ✭✭✭✭✭

    3-19-02

    Would have joined earlier had I heard of it! :D

    Gone but not forgotten: IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Ricko, Big Moose, Cardinal, CoinsAreFun.
  • Options
    PCGSPhotoPCGSPhoto Posts: 768 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I joined under my original handle in December of 2001. I was 21 when I joined, I’ll be 39 this year.

    Radiant Collection: Numismatics and Exonumia of the Atomic Age.
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/showcase/3232

  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Coinstartled said:
    2003
    2005
    2011
    2013
    2016

    :#

    OK qlicker, that was funny.

    I was a lurker for a few years, joined July 20, 2005 4:15AM.

  • Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 10,395 ✭✭✭✭✭

    In 2001, when most of you originally joined I was a college student and not thinking a whole lot about coins. I graduated college in 2003. I got my first real job in 2005 and that's when I joined the registry and started to lurk. I got a real career in 2007 and I finally joined these boards in October 2011. I guess you could say that I'm a late bloomer in all respects.

    Sometimes, it’s better to be LUCKY than good. 🍀 🍺👍

    My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947):

    https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

  • Options
    crispycrispy Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

    @crispy said:
    Username crispy Joined February 23, 2001 7:57AM

    Was a member of the older forum as well - handle was "CZ5" way back then (metal detecting reference)

    "to you, a hero is some kind of weird sandwich..."
  • Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 18, 2019 10:57PM

    @PCGSPhoto said:
    I joined under my original handle in December of 2001. I was 21 when I joined, I’ll be 39 this year.

    Were you doing PCGS's photography back when you first joined?

    Edited: Oops... never mind. Since there is no way to change your own moniker, the "PCGSPhoto" handle answers it!

  • Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

    07-09-02.

  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,672 ✭✭✭✭✭

    12/08/2001 BC

    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    MrLeeMrLee Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭

    April 20, 2002 4:01PM

  • Options
    LuxorLuxor Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭✭

    March 7th, 2001

    -

    Your hobby is supposed to be your therapy, not the reason you need it.

  • Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Signed up July 31, 2001

    Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options
    DDRDDR Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭✭✭

    June 23, 2001. Although I lurked on the older forum.

  • Options
    CurrinCurrin Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

    August 30, 2001

    My 20th Century Type Set, With Type Variations---started : 9/22/1997 ---- completed : 1/7/2004

    My 20th Century Gold Major Design Type Set ---started : 11/17/1997 ---- completed : 1/21/2004
  • Options
    RonyahskiRonyahski Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭✭✭

    June 12, 2001

    Some refer to overgraded slabs as Coffins. I like to think of them as Happy Coins.
  • Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I was originally "EASTSIDE" and joined in November of 2001, but I lapsed for a few years and changed emails and such and forgot my password so I came back as OldEastside in 2011

    Steve

    Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

    October 15, 2001.

  • Options
    numobrinumobri Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭

    2/23/01 I was on the old board for a short while. Been here all along.

    NUMO
  • Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Established 25 November 2001.

  • Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 14,157 ✭✭✭✭✭

    10/12/2016 :smile:

    Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb, Ricko

    Bad transactions with : nobody to date

  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 38,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Any family represented by three generations? I know we have some two generation members.

    "Money does not care about speeches on morality. Capital asks whether the rules will remain the same tomorrow. With inflation, people assume price is the problem, and propose regulation—but price is simply the message." - Martin Armstrong

  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 24,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @PCGSPhoto said:

    @cameonut2011 said:

    @PCGSPhoto said:
    I joined under my original handle in December of 2001. I was 21 when I joined, I’ll be 39 this year.

    Were you doing PCGS's photography back when you first joined?

    No, I was just a dumb kid from Canada who liked coins but couldn’t afford to hold on to a collection. So I ended up taking photos and selling a lot of my coins through this forum. Then some forum members said “Hey, can you take some photos of my coins?”. So I did. Just bullion at first, but somehow I ended up in Athens shooting @SYRACUSIAN ‘s collection during an adventure through Europe (mostly in Germany). With that experience I made a website of my work. I made a go of taking my talents to London, and I even had an interview at Spink auctions there, but they declined my services. Then, I saw a job opening David Hall posted on this forum that was brought to my attention by Cameron Kiefer (RIP), and so I sent in my application to Ron Guth, thinking I was a long shot...

    A few weeks later I was starting a new life in the USA. That was in 2005.

    That’s what this forum did for my life.

    Awesome!

  • Options
    zodiac65zodiac65 Posts: 275 ✭✭✭

    June 14, 2006

    "They lost because their phenoms failed to phenominate." - Yogi Berra
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭✭✭

    April 25, 2001

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file