Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Just Announced: Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Commemorative Coins PCGS Special Label

2»

Comments

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BackroadJunkie said:
    @HeatherBoyd

Will PCGS be giving the half set an attribution on the lablel for the proof clad/Kennedy? If so, what are the submission requirements?

(I looked around PCGS's site, couldn't find anything. Then I remembered this thread existed, and still couldn't find anything... :wink: )

I just got off the phone and the simple answer is NO. The man was very nice and pleasant and I asked him why after all the Mint is making a 2 coin set and why wont PCGS do one. But the nice rep said they are not offering that only seperate versions. Now I just checked and I don't want to get in trouble but the competition appears to be offering it.

Their cut off date is February 25th

https://www.ngccoin.com/news/article/1876/2018-First-and-Early-Releases-Cutoff-Dates/

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jabba said:
    I just looked up the PCGS coin numbers and found this
    2019-S 50C Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Set First Strike- 2 Coin Holder Set Earth Rising

For bulk submitters.

https://coinweek.com/bullion-report/iran-executes-sultan-of-coins-for-hoarding-gold-coins/

• Options

Information on the
    2019-S 2 Coin Holder Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Set First Strike ( Of the Earth Rising ) Label.
    NOT the same as the Astronaut Memorial Foundation Label
    I just got off the phone with the PCGS rep. I was JUST TOLD IF YOU WANT THE DUAL HOLDER with the Set Earth Rising but not the other Apollo label. They will do it for you but you will have to call in and request it for my case my coin's have been already sent in and accepted. But not yet processed. I was told when I get the email stating that PCGS have logged the coin's in call in and they will go forward and authorize over the phone to get the special 2 coin holder AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE! B)

• Options

@Gluggo said:
    Information on the
    2019-S 2 Coin Holder Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Set First Strike ( Of the Earth Rising ) Label.
    I just got off the phone with the PCGS rep. I was JUST TOLD IF YOU WANT THE DUAL HOLDER with the Set Earth Rising but not the other Apollo label. They will do it for you but you will have to call in and request it for my case my coin's have been already sent in and accepted. But not yet processed. I was told when I get the email stating that PCGS have logged the coin's in call in and they will go forward and authorize over the phone to get the special 2 coin holder AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE! B)

Thanks @Gluggo! That is great news!

• Options

My Apollo 11 Proof Silver Dollar arrived at PCGS today. Anyone know how long it takes to get into their system?

On a separate note, this is not an inexpensive endeavor, to say the least. Mailing it Registered mail AND the fees on top of that, to have it graded and encapsulated is not for the faint of heart. Any suggestions on being more frugal for future submissions? Also, while I plan on keeping this coin 'until I croak', is there someplace where I can see this new coin and its predicted value, once certified and encapsulated? Sorry for all the newbie comments & questions...
    R/,
    Norm

Norm
    "I'm me... Who else were you expecting?"

• Options

@ndwolf68 said:
    My Apollo 11 Proof Silver Dollar arrived at PCGS today. Anyone know how long it takes to get into their system?

On a separate note, this is not an inexpensive endeavor, to say the least. Mailing it Registered mail AND the fees on top of that, to have it graded and encapsulated is not for the faint of heart. Any suggestions on being more frugal for future submissions? Also, while I plan on keeping this coin 'until I croak', is there someplace where I can see this new coin and its predicted value, once certified and encapsulated? Sorry for all the newbie comments & questions...
    R/,
    Norm

Welcome to the forums @ndwolf68!

A couple links to hopefully answer the value question. Realize the value will fluctuate and not be realized for years since the Apollo coins are modern/recent coinage.

https://www.pcgs.com/prices/HowToUse.aspx
    https://www.pcgs.com/prices/

• Options

@Hemispherical said:

Welcome to the forums @ndwolf68!

A couple links to hopefully answer the value question. Realize the value will fluctuate and not be realized for years since the Apollo coins are modern/recent coinage.

https://www.pcgs.com/prices/HowToUse.aspx
    https://www.pcgs.com/prices/

:smiley: Thanks, and thank you for the links! Good 'gouge', as we used to say in the Navy. :wink:
    R/,
    Norm

Norm

• Options

Hello everyone, please be advised that all Apollo Commemorative Coins must be submitted in original mint packaging or original coin capsules

Heather Boyd
    PCGS Senior Director of Marketing

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HeatherBoyd said:
    Hello everyone, please be advised that all Apollo Commemorative Coins must be submitted in original mint packaging or original coin capsules

I submitted them only in their original coin capsules, didn't see a reason to mail out all the extra boxes to you....that's okay right?

• Options

@Onastone said:

@HeatherBoyd said:

I submitted them only in their original coin capsules, didn't see a reason to mail out all the extra boxes to you....that's okay right?

Nope that is perfect and better for us as well! Some people who may want to submit for first strike after the 30 days has passed will need to submit the coins in the original, unopened mint packaging.

Heather Boyd
    PCGS Senior Director of Marketing

• Options

@HeatherBoyd said:

Nope that is perfect and better for us as well! Some people who may want to submit for first strike after the 30 days has passed will need to submit the coins in the original, unopened mint packaging.

I sent a copy of the bill of sale, showing purchase on 1/24/19. May I add First Strike to my submission? It is already in your possession...

Norm

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ndwolf68 said:

I sent a copy of the bill of sale, showing purchase on 1/24/19. May I add First Strike to my submission? It is already in your possession...

You should be fine @ndwolf68 . You can always follow your postal tracking to see when your package has arrived. Being sent out a month ahead is a lot less to worry about than if you were going to send it out next week!

• Options

@Hemispherical said:

@Gluggo said:
    Information on the

Thanks @Gluggo! That is great news!

I got my coins submitted in the PCGS system after waiting 11 days, so I called them up today, and requested the double holder. I was told that I can expect a email to respond on that. I did not see that but I did get an email that my order was received so I responded to that email about wanting to make sure my submition goes into the double holders. Tomorrow I will call just in case it request was not updated. I think once you get a confirmation you should be okay.

• Options
    lccoinslccoins Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited February 22, 2019 4:55PM

@BackroadJunkie said:
    @HeatherBoyd

Will PCGS be giving the half set an attribution on the lablel for the proof clad/Kennedy? If so, what are the submission requirements?

(I looked around PCGS's site, couldn't find anything. Then I remembered this thread existed, and still couldn't find anything... :wink: )

There are offering the set attribution. I'm not sure if there are certain requirements, but it is at least an option. Here's ours:

L&C Coins
    www.lccoins.com
    A PCGS Authorized Dealer

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file