Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1973 Topps Baseball Gap in Border Questions

Hello. I was curious about this variation and have a few questions.
Is there a master list of cards that have a gap variation?
The only two cards that I ever see on eBay are Bahnsen #20 and Bell #31. I just purchased Spinks #417 that has a gap in the top border but it is not labeled as such. I am hoping someone has a complete list. I think this might be an easy subset to complete.
Does PSA recognize any other variations of this set besides the Bell and Bahnsen?
Lastly, if I was to submit the Spinks for a new label would they add gap in border to the new label?
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

Email PSA before sending it in. Find out what they say. Often they refuse to make a change if it is not listed in a catalog first.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:
    Email PSA before sending it in. Find out what they say. Often they refuse to make a change if it is not listed in a catalog first.

Good idea, thanks.

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:

If they say no, what that really means is not yet. Your next step would be to contact SCD and discuss the variations with them. If they agree it warrants notation of it being variation in their next publication, then PSA will begin to label it as such.

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

@miwlvrn said:

@JoeBanzai said:

If they say no, what that really means is not yet. Your next step would be to contact SCD and discuss the variations with them. If they agree it warrants notation of it being variation in their next publication, then PSA will begin to label it as such.

Great advice, thank you.