Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Please welcome Mark Feld (@MFeld) back to the forums!

13»

Comments

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tradedollarnut said:
    100!

yup, now add the CAC to the title and we'll get 200.

• Options
    coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

St. Feldini! Welcome back!

• Options
    morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back Mark, you have been missed.

Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • Options
    OldIndianNutKaseOldIndianNutKase Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back Mark,

You input to our forum has been missed, and thanks to PCGS management for revisiting your issue.

OINK

• Options
    cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back! Now we're cooking with propane :wink:

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can never have enough experts and their input here. We are all better off for that. Enjoy your return here.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17, 2019 9:57PM

This is great now that Laura and Mark are both back, it's just starting to feel like the old days again. Hopefully we can get some others back into the fold as well :)

• Options
    OKCCOKCC Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

@asheland said:
    Great news! Welcome back!

This!

• Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome! One helluva nice guy, whip smart and excessively humble. Very glad to have him back!

• Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

With Laura back and now Mark all we need is the return of IWOG; lucybop, and Conder101.

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

So @MarkF do you Have to explicitly state that your expressed opinion is yours only and does not reflect Heritage?

Also, what do you think about the Hansen collection?

• Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 18, 2019 3:59AM

@abcde12345 said:
    With Laura back and now Mark all we need is the return of IWOG; lucybop, and Conder101.

I can think of a few others as well...but out of respect(since I don't know if they have passed away or not)...I will not specify by name.

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TwoKopeiki said:
    So @MarkF do you Have to explicitly state that your expressed opinion is yours only and does not reflect Heritage?

Thank you for the reminder. When expressing my personal opinion, I will try to make that clear.

I think that the Hansen collection is wonderful (and them some). Additionally, though I have not met Mr. Hansen, I love what I have read about his enthusiasm and passion.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    KAJ1KAJ1 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭

Welcome back!

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

@georgiacop50 said:

@Bochiman said:

@Connecticoin said:

@VanHalen said:
    Welcome back Mark. It's been a loooooooooooooong time.

Yeah, it's been so long, I forgot what he was banned for! :D

If I recall correctly, the last ban was for agreeing with something that HRH said...but it wasn't taken as an agreement for some reason and he was banned. It was really weird.

I remember it like yesterday. Bushmaster8 had posted about a large number of PCGS Franklins of a certain era not really being FBL at all. HRH came on and said no way ...any FBL designated coins should be brought to his attention to be fixed if they weren't ALL THERE. BM8 replied that he had actually done just that: had sent some Franklins in under Presidential Review (which no longer even exists) and that HRH had personally examined them and done nothing to correct the problem and returned the coins to BM8 without so much as a comment. HRH denied this. BM8 stated that he even had the correspondence that would prove what he claimed was indeed true. That was when it blew up. HRH called BM8 a liar and kicked him out. Feldini and Burdett said something ( which I don't recall exactly what) and they got banned too. HRH was in a rage because BM8 said he could prove he was not lying. That is the crux of it.

Thanks, yeah that was weird. I was thinking it was part of the purge over the MS-70'd proof Indian Cents.

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 19, 2019 9:57AM

@Connecticoin said:

@georgiacop50 said:

@Bochiman said:

@Connecticoin said:

@VanHalen said:
    Welcome back Mark. It's been a loooooooooooooong time.

Yeah, it's been so long, I forgot what he was banned for! :D

Edited because I don't want to spoil the mood to welcome Mr. Feld o:)

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lot of water under the dam, folks! Let it be and just be glad he is back!

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    breakdownbreakdown Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

A few of the coins Mark sold me before he went to Heritage. As you can see, for awhile I toyed with putting together a set of toned seated dimes:

"Look up, old boy, and see what you get." -William Bonney.

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am looking forward to learn and understand varying view from @MFeld .... Welcome Back :)

• Options
    toyonakatarotoyonakataro Posts: 407 ✭✭✭
    edited January 19, 2019 1:40AM

Edited because I don't want to spoil the mood to welcome Mr. Feld

• Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now that Mark is back, the bear market is officially over. Bring back NumisEd and laissez les bon temps rouler!

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 19, 2019 2:40AM

:)

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hola!

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    BloodManBloodMan Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are gorgeous, drfish.

Welcome back Mark!

• Options
    mirabelamirabela Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, hey, good news! Like many others, I have a few personal favorites Mr. Feld sold me, and I always valued his contributions to the conversation.

mirabela
  • Options
    KentuckyJKentuckyJ Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭

Excellent news and long overdue. Thanks to whoever made this possible and thanks to Mr. Feld for being here!

• Options
    superpsychmdsuperpsychmd Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭

Welcome back, Mark

Dave

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

He is a knowledgeable guy. I am looking forward to his contributions.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    NicNic Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mark who?

Welcome back sir!

• Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cointime said:
    Welcome back! Now we're cooking with propane :wink:

I’d say there’s definitely a resurgence going on.... :smiley:

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    RayboRaybo Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AllCoinsRule said:
    I'm very glad to hear Mark is back.

Not sure if it's appropriate to ask here, but can Manofcoins be brought back? I know he's a good person and didn't mean to break any forum rules (that is if he even did).

Manofcoins can NOT be brought back, but MFeld did apparently rise from the dead...….. :#

• Options
    StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mark Feld, Welcome back to the Forum!!😁

I purchased this attractive 1867 Proof Seated Liberty Dollar from Mark “a few” years ago, still a favorite of mine.

Photos courtesy of Jeremy Katz (aka AirplaneNut) and Coin courtesy of Mark Feld (aka CoinGuy1)

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,447 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raybo said:

@AllCoinsRule said:
    I'm very glad to hear Mark is back.

Not sure if it's appropriate to ask here, but can Manofcoins be brought back? I know he's a good person and didn't mean to break any forum rules (that is if he even did).

Manofcoins can NOT be brought back, but MFeld did apparently rise from the dead...….. :#

Why can't manofcoins be brought back? Did he die?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,866 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sheriff Feldini !! I like it.

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

Smart cookie.

Welcome.

If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • Options
    CurrinCurrin Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MFeld said:

@TwoKopeiki said:

Thank you for the reminder. When expressing my personal opinion, I will try to make that clear.

I think that the Hansen collection is wonderful (and them some). Additionally, though I have not met Mr. Hansen, I love what I have read about his enthusiasm and passion.

Welcome Mark... If you have not already. I invite you to check out the Hansen Watch thread.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/997819/hansen-watch#latest

My 20th Century Type Set, With Type Variations---started : 9/22/1997 ---- completed : 1/7/2004

My 20th Century Gold Major Design Type Set ---started : 11/17/1997 ---- completed : 1/21/2004

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file