Home U.S. Coin Forum

Upcoming Events and Specials Updated 1/3/2023

HeatherBoydHeatherBoyd Posts: 403 admin
edited March 15, 2023 10:03AM in U.S. Coin Forum

PCGS Current Specials

Learn More

Upcoming Industry Events

Whitman Expo | Baltimore Spring Expo
March 15 - March 18, 2023
Baltimore Convention Center
Baltimore, MD
Show Details

Central States Numismatic Society Annual Convention
April 27 - April 29, 2023
Renaissance Schaumburg Hotel and Convention Center
Schaumburg, IL
Show Details

Whitman Expo | Baltimore Summer Expo
June 8 - March 10, 2023
Baltimore Convention Center
Baltimore, MD
Show Details

Long Beach Expo: The Collectibles Show
June 21 - June 24, 2023
Long Beach Convention Center
Long Beach, CA
Show Details

Please visit https://www.pcgs.com/shows for future shows

PCGS Members Only Show Schedule

March 29 - March 31, 2023
Park MGM
Las Vegas, NV
Show Details

May 24 - May 27, 2023
Harrah's New Orleans
New Orleans, LA
Show Details

Heather Boyd
PCGS Senior Director of Marketing

Comments

  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 19, 2019 9:51PM

    I am not sure of how large of a presence PCGS will have at Colorado Springs Coin, Currency, and Collectibles Show
    Next show: Jun 20th - 22nd, 2019

    Must have been a typo.

    http://www.coinzip.com/colorado-springs-coin-show

    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

    BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,...
  • UltraHighReliefUltraHighRelief Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

    There's the Bay State show this weekend.

  • markelman1125markelman1125 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @UltraHighRelief where does it meet and how often, I cannot go this week.

  • UltraHighReliefUltraHighRelief Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

    It's once a year.

  • ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I will be at the Cosmo show this week!!!

  • cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @HeatherBoyd said:
    Current Quarterly Special:
    President Quarterly Special
    Submit four coins featuring a U.S. President and only pay for three! This special applies to all U.S. and World coins featuring a U.S. President. As always, coins from different services must be submitted separately. In example, World and U.S. coins cannot be mixed. Additional service fees such as oversize holder and variety attribution still apply.
    Rules and restrictions apply. To assist with the submission process, follow the PCGS Quarterly Special Guidelines.

    Would you happen to know what the new quarterly special will be effective April 1, 2019?

  • @cameonut2011 said:

    @HeatherBoyd said:
    Current Quarterly Special:
    President Quarterly Special
    Submit four coins featuring a U.S. President and only pay for three! This special applies to all U.S. and World coins featuring a U.S. President. As always, coins from different services must be submitted separately. In example, World and U.S. coins cannot be mixed. Additional service fees such as oversize holder and variety attribution still apply.
    Rules and restrictions apply. To assist with the submission process, follow the PCGS Quarterly Special Guidelines.

    Would you happen to know what the new quarterly special will be effective April 1, 2019?

    It just so happens that I do know ;) and in the spirit of the "Year of the Customer" we have something really special in store for everyone

    Heather Boyd
    PCGS Senior Director of Marketing

  • HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @HeatherBoyd said:

    @cameonut2011 said:

    Would you happen to know what the new quarterly special will be effective April 1, 2019?

    It just so happens that I do know ;) and in the spirit of the "Year of the Customer" we have something really special in store for everyone

    Suspense!

  • ilikemonstersilikemonsters Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭

    Regarding the recon. special at Central States, will it be 50% of the Show Econ tier?

    I’ve read a link on the PCGS site about the special, but it was unclear to me.

  • @ilikemonsters said:
    Regarding the recon. special at Central States, will it be 50% of the Show Econ tier?

    I’ve read a link on the PCGS site about the special, but it was unclear to me.

    According to the guidelines for this special, it covers regular show grading only:

    "50% off of the Show Service Level fee only. Show Express, Show Econ, Show Gold and Show Rarity not included."

    All of the guidelines are available Here

    Heather Boyd
    PCGS Senior Director of Marketing

  • cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @HeatherBoyd said:

    @cameonut2011 said:

    @HeatherBoyd said:
    Current Quarterly Special:
    President Quarterly Special
    Submit four coins featuring a U.S. President and only pay for three! This special applies to all U.S. and World coins featuring a U.S. President. As always, coins from different services must be submitted separately. In example, World and U.S. coins cannot be mixed. Additional service fees such as oversize holder and variety attribution still apply.
    Rules and restrictions apply. To assist with the submission process, follow the PCGS Quarterly Special Guidelines.

    Would you happen to know what the new quarterly special will be effective April 1, 2019?

    It just so happens that I do know ;) and in the spirit of the "Year of the Customer" we have something really special in store for everyone

    Awesome quarterly special! Thank you and @BrettPCGS!

  • claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭

    This would be nice opportunity to get any cracked and scratchy slabs fixed up with getting the Trueviews thrown in!



    ==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades



    Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • The new Quarterly Specials have been announced!

    Heather Boyd
    PCGS Senior Director of Marketing

  • davids5104davids5104 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

    Do you guys have your next quarterly special announced?? :#

    [Ebay Store - Come Visit]

    Roosevelt Registry

    transactions with cucamongacoin, FHC, mtinis, bigjpst, Rob41281, toyz4geo, erwindoc, add your name here!!!

  • HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @davids5104 said:
    Do you guys have your next quarterly special announced?? :#

    Probably tomorrow.

  • nickelsciolistnickelsciolist Posts: 176 ✭✭✭
    edited January 18, 2020 8:42AM

    I need some advice. I have some coins that I've gotten different advice on in regards to getting them graded. If I sent them in and they were determined to be low value...like less than the price of grading them...is there a way I can get them back for say a service charge, rather than a full grading charge?

  • HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @nickelsciolist said:
    I need some advice. I have some coins that I've gotten different advice on in regards to getting them graded. If I sent them in and they were determined to be low value...like less than the price of grading them...is there a way I can get them back for say a service charge, rather than a full grading charge?

    Contact customer service.

    —————

    You can reach the PCGS customer service department Monday - Friday 7:00am - 5:00pm Pacific Time.

    In the United States call toll free at 800-447-8848. Outside the United States call 949-833-0600.

    Mail us at:
    PCGS, Professional Coin Grading Service
    P.O. Box 9458
    Newport Beach, CA 92658

  • CollectorBonEZCollectorBonEZ Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭

    I know current events are postponing all grading for an uncertain amount of time, but will there be any quarterly specials for this quarter or are they also being postponed to prevent an overload of back orders?

  • jt88jt88 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

    What is the current quarterly special for April - June?

  • @jt88 said:
    What is the current quarterly special for April - June?

    Hi @jt88 we have not announced our next specials yet but this post will be updated as soon as we do.

    Heather Boyd
    PCGS Senior Director of Marketing

  • 1madman1madman Posts: 616 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 23, 2020 12:13PM

    Heather,
    Can you please confirm that the June Whitman Baltimore show will have on-site grading? The pcgs link with details for that show lists it as submissions only, so I want to make sure it’s been changed to on site grading.

    Edit: Never mind, looks like this show isn’t gonna take place after all

  • silverman68silverman68 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

    How about a great grading special for Morgan Dollars? Hard times for lots of people and coin enthusiast.
    thanks

  • CyndieChildressCyndieChildress Posts: 429 ✭✭✭

    @ElmerFusterpuck said:
    I will be at the Cosmo show this week!!!

    Wish I could be there :smiley:

  • ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @CyndieChildress said:

    @ElmerFusterpuck said:
    I will be at the Cosmo show this week!!!

    Wish I could be there :smiley:

    You had my hopes up! I went to that show last year in the "before time" and had a blast. Hanging out in the Cosmo pool was one of the highlights. I hope we can get back to shows and places like this once more, I really miss those kinds of trips. In due time, in due time...

  • jt88jt88 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 6, 2020 4:29PM

    Hi HeatherBoydHeatherBoyd,

    I remember I received an email form PCGS saying that the crossover special extended to the end of the July 2020 but I can't find the link on PCGS site. Can you post the link for me please? thanks.

  • jt88jt88 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @jt88 said:
    Hi HeatherBoydHeatherBoyd,

    I remember I received an email form PCGS saying that the crossover special extended to the end of the July 2020 but I can't find the link on PCGS site. Can you post the link for me please? thanks.

    Never mind I found the email. Thanks.

  • pruebaspruebas Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Does anyone know if there is still a PCGS Members Only Show in Philadelphia on 26-28 August?

    I have it on my calendar, but the PCGS website (and the Legend website) does not show it.

  • WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @pruebas said:
    Does anyone know if there is still a PCGS Members Only Show in Philadelphia on 26-28 August?

    I have it on my calendar, but the PCGS website (and the Legend website) does not show it.

    I would like to know as well. Please advise.

  • HeatherBoydHeatherBoyd Posts: 403 admin
    edited August 19, 2020 10:43AM

    @pruebas @WQuarterFreddie Our upcoming Members Only Show has been moved to Las Vegas to allow us to properly accommodate needed health and safety guidelines. We apologize for the inconvenience.

    To ensure you are receiving up-to-date announcements and information on our shows and specials, please be sure to subscribe to our mailing list: https://www.pcgs.com/ccspecial

    Or follow us on all social media platforms @PCGScoin

    Heather Boyd
    PCGS Senior Director of Marketing

  • WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Thank you for the update Heather!

  • ModwriterModwriter Posts: 320 ✭✭✭

    Does anyone have information about a future PCGS coin show in Long Beach, CA? Thanks in advance.

  • ModwriterModwriter Posts: 320 ✭✭✭

    @Modwriter said:
    Does anyone have information about a future PCGS coin show in Long Beach, CA? Thanks in advance.

    Looking for any coin show in SoCal.

  • jt88jt88 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

    PCGS wants to take break this quarter so the Quarterly special is really nothing.

  • ModwriterModwriter Posts: 320 ✭✭✭

    Kudos to PCGS for taking a break with their specials. They are swamped right now.

  • ModwriterModwriter Posts: 320 ✭✭✭

    Looking forward to meeting everybody next week at Balboa Bay Resort! Will PSA CARD be there also❤

  • WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Hoping the Whitman show will be held in March 🤞

  • dmwestdmwest Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭

    When will the new specials be posted? Tomorrow? All grading 1/2 off for submitters named Dean?

    Awesome!

    Don't quote me on that.

  • bidaskbidask Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Hello Heather

    It’s been almost 2 years since the last crossover special .

    When will that be offered again as
    I have a ton of NGC slabbed coins I would submit for such a crossover special.

    Thank you

    Dan

    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.




  • GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 29, 2021 3:22PM

    What are the current grading specials? I was getting ready to submit 5 or 10 coins today and both the gold box for a 5 coin and the copper PCGS medal for 10 coins vanished from the website even though they still show up here.

    Should I wait till next year or will the gold box special still work even though it no longer is showing up?

    thanks

    National Commemorative Medals of the U.S. Mint:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/alltimeset/195526

  • dmwestdmwest Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭

    Can we put in a request for a quarterly special? Like I have a ton of other third party holders I’d like to cross over…so a crossover special if you don’t mind…maybe a buy one get one :) or buy 5 get one. Something to help get these coins into decent holders.

    Don't quote me on that.

  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 21,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @HeatherBoyd

    I understand walk through service will be available at the Whitman Baltimore show- Are World coins included for this service? If so, will there be limitations?

    Seems to be a fair question as a Danish coin is included as part of the advertisement-

    I appreciate your help and I suspect others have the same question

    Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

  • dunkleosteus430dunkleosteus430 Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 7, 2022 7:27AM

    Anyone going to the Houston Summer Coin Show? I'm hoping to be there on Friday.
    http://www.coinzip.com/Houston-Spring-Coin-Show

    Young Numismatist

  • Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭

    My guess about grading coins. If the grader looks at a coin to see if it's worth grading, isn't that grading???

    Dan
  • @Dan50 said:
    My guess about grading coins. If the grader looks at a coin to see if it's worth grading, isn't that grading???

    Hi Dan, in a Meet the Expert setting which is when this type of scenario would likely occur, a possible range can be given to help the customer decide on their decision to submit a piece for grading. However, when it comes to a final grade, every coin submitted to PCGS for grading is reviewed by a minimum of two and in most instances three or more of our grading experts. Hope that answers your question.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file