Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Fake 1930 Poland 5 Zlotych?

Just making sure my assessment is correct. This is a fake 1930 Poland 5 Zlotych coin right? The pitted devices, weak rims, and raised lumps look suspect.

Do you all report these things to eBay? I have in the past, but never seen a response. I wonder if it does any good.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Coin-NIKE-5-zlotych-1930-Poland/202561075725?hash=item2f2994ba0d:g:QIQAAOSwZKlcNUeh:rk:1:pf:1&frcectupt=true

Comments

• SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is not even a die struck coin but a rather clever cast fake - the colouring above and behind the angel is indicative of it being a cast and subsequently cleaned example of a fake coin.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,624 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's some serious pitting. Do the right thing. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,720 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fake... not even close

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭✭

Chinese by the looks of it.

• pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tbishopric why bother? eBay is a lost cause. They have the means and rationale to police these things, yet they fail to. They have dismantled their counterfeit team. Their low-wage customer service is clueless and helpless.

In other words, they could care less. Why should you?

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

:s !!!

Timbuk3
  • tonedSilvertonedSilver Posts: 153 ✭✭✭

This seller has sold another copy of this coin back in December so it’s highly unlikely ebay will do anything and pull it. Now that I look at other coins sold by this seller, all appear to be copies.