Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Don't choose "just didn't like it" on eBay

topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

I ordered a slabbed coin that was straight graded but on arrival, it sure appears cleaned in the past and retoned.
I returned it and delivery was attempted yesterday but the destination was unavailable.
Looked up seller's listings and they are "Away til Jan 14" so probably at the FUN show.

So.... I chatted with eBay and they told me that "didn't like it" was a "remorse" reason so I'd have to pay postage again if the post office returns the coin to me.

They did say there could be an option to reimburse the shipping if needed but I just wanted to warn you guys that you should never choose "didn't like it" even though there is no ...REALLY... correct option in the eBay return options.

:)

Comments

• Options
    MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

USPS usually attempts delivery three times and then holds it for a week, he will likely get it before it is returned to you.
    I know Ebay gets a lot of flack here but I don't see how they are in the wrong here. Should the seller pay to return it because you didn't like it? Should Ebay? I don't think so.

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

"just don't like" is valid for any seller that accepts returns "for any reason". If the coin is in a approved TPG then it's not the sellers fault it made it through the grading room. Can't ask the seller for shipping fees to ship it back to him. Seems reasonable to me that if you don't like the coin and seller says he'll take any return for any reason then the cost to do so is on you.
    I suspect in your case, the seller is having the PO hold his mail until his return. It will get delivered at that time and not be sent back to you. Probably lots of worry over nothing.

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MorganMan94 said:
    USPS usually attempts delivery three times and then holds it for a week, he will likely get it before it is returned to you.
    I know Ebay gets a lot of flack here but I don't see how they are in the wrong here. Should the seller pay to return it because you didn't like it? Should Ebay? I don't think so.

I didn't say eBay was in any way at fault. They were very helpful in fact.
    The agent told me to put "doesn't match description or photos"
    The reason I didn't choose that is that it DID match description but it is MY opinion that it is recolored after cleaning on one side.
    eBay even said they could probably reimburse me for a second shipping cost as they stated the destination was "out of my control."
    I have no bone to pick with eBay.

Didn't think of the possibility of seller having mail held.

Hope that's the case.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file