Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A Budding Mewmismatist in the Works

SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

While sorting out coins this morning to take and cash in my three month old mewmismatist thought she would help out. I have three black cats, all of whom are great "helpers" when it comes to sorting coins and taking off with the coin wrappers etc.

Her name is Adora Kakeshkina.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21

Comments

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Soooo Cute! :)

• Options
    RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 9, 2019 8:10AM

Feral cats are the #1 large invasive species in the US. They have decimated native bird populations in some parts of the country.

Your pets are "cute" as far as any cat can be "cute." just please keep them in the house.

• Options

@RogerB said:
    Feral cats are the #1 large invasive species in the US. They have decimated native bird populations in some parts of the country.

Your pets are "cute" as far as any cat can be "cute." just please keep them in the house.

I totally agree! My cats have lived longer and better lives by being indoor cats. See my signature, my oldest cat made it to 20.5 years old.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RogerB said:

most people would rather have cats than rats and mice

what metal content does Adora Kakeshkina like best?

• Options
    RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 9, 2019 8:22AM

Feral cats do not attack rats - the rats are much faster and will injure or kill almost any cat. As for field mice, they are normal parts of the ecosystem. A cat is not. It is an invasive, destructive species - kind of a mammalian Japanese Beetle but worse.

• Options

@davewesen said:

what metal content does Adora Kakeshkina like best?

Silver, her older brother once snatched a 1959 quarter off of a table and took off with it.

• Options
    RittenhouseRittenhouse Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Our tux cat, Skippy, aka Retardo Montelcat, is an edit cat who "helps" me with my articles.

• Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is Boonk Boonk and I about 30 years ago, Boonk's loved being my hairdresser when I got out of the shower, she also had a 100% accuracy rate of distinguishing fake gold necklaces and such from real gold one's, because she could tell the real ones and snatch them and run off with them and hide them in her stash, She left me at age 23, I miss that girl

Steve

Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RogerB said:
    Feral cats do not attack rats - the rats are much faster and will injure or kill almost any cat. As for field mice, they are normal parts of the ecosystem. A cat is not. It is an invasive, destructive species - kind of a mammalian Japanese Beetle but worse.

Also why you should always adopt from shelters, not buy from breeders. My wife and I have 3 very friendly indoor cats. She somehow pulled off this photo of them all. Can you guess which one is called Moose? :)

They do like paper coin wrappers.

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not dislike cats although I am allergic to cat hair. Aaaachoooo!

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Namvet69 said:
    I do not dislike cats although I am allergic to cat hair. Aaaachoooo!

Interestingly I was also allergic. Any time I went to someones house who had cats I would get all sneezy and runny nose, but after we got our first two my allergy completely went away.

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

My library assistant:

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file