Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

Hi , I'm kinda new at this

Hi . I just started really coin collectng. I've got a couple coins already.
3 kennedy halfs
1926 peace dollar
A Canadian 1989 dollar that is like bicentennial or something
the easy to get icenhower doller
also have a Edwards VII penny. Im not sure what country it isfrom though.
I have alot of other European coins.

If anybody dosnt want any of there coins and cares to dnte the to a young collector then you can email m at punkrockgenius13@aol.com
Thanx alot
---Skylar

send me something nice image
i love surprises (nice ones like coins or chick-fil-a gift certificates)

"People my hate you while you are alive, but they will love you when you're dead."

---I said that actually

Comments

• nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard. Glad to have you in the hobby. :-) It's a fun one, and if all goes wrong you can at least spend it! Here's a tip for you to get "free" silver. Get rolls of half dollars from the bank. Most people don't know that halves from 1965-1970 are 40% silver. So you get them from time to time at face value. I like doing that and then spending the regular halves to make people annoyed that they have to figure out how to deal with a 50 cent coin. :-)

Neil
  • DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭
    Neil:

So YOU'RE the @^$#*&% guy who keeps giving me halves!!image

Actually, when I was trying to complete my Kennedy collection, I had a friendly teller at my Credit Union order me $100 - $200 worth of rolls at a time to search. I wasn't looking for silver then - - just mostly dates in the 90's in good shape - - and didn't really find too much. Here in Philly, Wells Fargo or the other roll sources must go thru them before shipping them out. I guess they're "onto" us! More luck's probably to be found at the smaller, community banks where they've been gathering dust on shelves or some oldtimer turns them in in rolls which nobody uncovers till they're opened!

Anyway, to finish my story, what made it even "sweeter" was that I'd turn around with the "worthless" ones and deposit them with the mean old teller lady at my other bank, where I had just a MINIMUM balance savings account. They HAD to take them (where they'd sit taking up space forever), and it was my way of making the old crankster pay for her nastiness!image

- - Dave
    Yeah, it's like when I went to spend an SBA at the grocery store once and the girl looked at her manager and asked if she could accept it. He just rolled his eyes and said, "yes, it is a dollar coin."

I didn't know that banks could order them. Mine has never offered. I'd love to try my hand at the game again. :-)
  • Sure. A teller at my bank will order Ikes for me whenever I ask. Usually, they are willing to order you the "uncommon" type coins, AS LONG AS YOU DON'T BRING THEM BACK.
  • littlewicherlittlewicher Posts: 1,822 ✭✭
    My bank usually always has SBA dollars on hand. They do get Morgan Dollars in, once in a great while.

For some life lasts a short while, but the memories it holds last forever.
    -Laura Swenson

In memory of BL, SM, and KG. 16 and forever young, rest in peace.

• << <i>My bank usually always has SBA dollars on hand. They do get Morgan Dollars in, once in a great while. >>

Yeah, and MY bank gets one dollar gold pieces in once in a while. image
    "Knowledge without wisdom is folly."
    littlewicher, do you ask for morgans or just any dollar coins they have? I am shocked that any morgans would be available! Do they give you a roll of the large dollar size and not know what is in there?