Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Scott Lindquist has Cancer

I just found out about this, prayers

Comments

• Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got the same email. I haven’t reached out yet to Scott and I’m not sure if he still has cancer, or is in remission.

Copy of email;

Greetings all,

I wish you all the best for the coming new year. This is a quick note to let my friends and customers know that I will not be able to attend Shows for the next year. I am uncertain if I will ever be able to handle the responsibilities of a table again in the future. This is a direct culmination of my post cancer surgery reduced abilities.

That is the bad news but there is good news. I got one more thumbs up report from the Mayo. So I’m breathing and bitching for another six months.

I am very available by phone, text or email of course. I would ask all my contacts customers and friends to feel free to reach out to me through those means if you should be looking for anything. Please be advised to leave a phone message as the inundation of spam phone calls I get makes it impossible for me to answer if your number is not in my contacts.

Over the next week I will be loading up large amounts of federal reserve notes from the John Williams and Gerald Glasser collections.

Peace and good wishes to you and yours through the new year.
    Scott

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

yes, prayers for him are included. best wishes to him

• TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭

I was so happy to see Scott last June in Kansas City! I’ve been sorely missing hanging out with him at shows over the past couple of years.

• Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

Scott’s a great guy. He gave me one of my first grading lessons at FUN in Tampa back in 2011, and we’ve stayed in touch ever since. Wish him the best.

• numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭

No doubt, Scott is,and for as long as I've been in this hobby has been,one of the best to work with and get to know....here's hoping for a speedy and full recovery! I look forward to armwrestling over some 63's soon.

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • SmallSizedGuySmallSizedGuy Posts: 503 ✭✭✭

I talked to Scott yesterday. He is doing fine, and his last check-up was fine. But yes, he is not planning on setting up at any shows this year, but may attend a few depending on how well he feels.

Jim Hodgson

Collector of US Small Size currency, Atlanta FRNs, and Georgia nationals since 1977. Researcher of small size US type - seeking serial number data for all FRN star notes, Series 1928 to 1934-D. Life member SPMC.