Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

What it this

Where does it come from

Comments

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is a coin. :o

That appears to be the Great Pyramids in Egypt, so I might guess it is from Egypt?

• WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 15, 2024 7:10AM

Egypt 5 qirsh (piasters) 1984 (AH 1404).

I have about 10 uncirculated ones that I received in Cairo in 1987.

There are several different reverse designs used that year.
    This one has the dates at the bottom, the OP's coin has the dates at the top.

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gee, my first thought was that the coin was from Latvia or Lithuania.

• zski123zski123 Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

@BillDugan1959 said:
    Gee, my first thought was that the coin was from Latvia or Lithuania.

No way you could be confused these pyramids with the ones in Latvia or Lithuania. Clearly these are the Great Pyramids of Cleveland. That would make this a state quarter of Ohio.

• BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

If they were the Great Pyramids of Cleavelundd, I think keets might have said something...

• acadienacadien Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

So if coin is from the Great Pyramids of Cleveland. That would make this a state quarter of Ohio. Serious, this is a US quater.

• TiborTibor Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

Buy a Krause reference catalogue.

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,625 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you turn them upside down, they're stalactites and that coin is from the Luray cavern souvenir shop.

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52