Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Help with selling

I have recently inherited over 100,000 sports cards, baseball, football, basketball, hockey. Many star cards and of course lots of Commons. Many Jordan, bird, magic,bonds, Clemens Griffey, Jeter, farve-, Brady, rice, Jackson and on and on. Nothing is graded but all look to me like brand new. Want to sell and make some money but not sure how to go about it. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Options
    flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

Whenever I wonder how people are making money, I saunter over to Ebay and start firing off a few searches to see what people have to offer, how they market it, etc.

In your case, you will want to start looking up some of the confirm SOLD prices have been for some of the items you have. The easy way to do that is to enter the players last name and the number of the card as that should bring up similar listings for cards you have. You will want to check active listings to see how many items are available and SOLD listings to see how many have sold in the last 90 days.

From there, you can start to categorize some of the things you have as to whether they are going to sell well or not. There is a good chance - overwhelming chance for that matter - you don't have a lot of much even with 100,000 cards.

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    dan89dan89 Posts: 484 ✭✭✭✭✭

Put up some pictures, trust me opinions about whether to grade or how to sell are much better with pictures. It could be a mint or it could be nothing

• Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Post some pictures and folks will let you know. Some really sharp members here. If worth grading, consider getting a PSA membership if the numbers make sense, I suspect the vast majority is modern so craigslist or donation. The sorting will take time. Good luck with your sale.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

first, see if you have any rare/numbered inserts or rookies. You can then make some money on ebay with the more common star cards left over if you make player lots. player collectors will buy those. Just dont let any rare insert sneak in with the lots

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

All good advice thus far posted. If it is post-1988 era stuff, most of it is probably not worth your time to resell...but...there may be a few hidden gems. Leverage ebay searchs of sold items as a guide. Post anything you think may be exciting here to seek community advice. If you have a pile of vintage beaters, there may be some money to be made....but you will have to hustle to get'er done