Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Support for 86 Fleer Basketball Slot Break?

Wondering what kind of response I would have on breaking my 86 Fleer basketball set all 143 PSA 8 through FB live at $50 per card. That seems like a good price point. Could I sell all 143 spots and do a live Facebook event?

Comments

• JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure if 50 is reasonable but based on average sale price of PSA 8's only 6 cards I believe average 50 or more per sale. So a person has a 6/143 (about a 4% chance of making their money back on a slot). Not sure how other people look at it but that is the way I would decide if it would be worth jumping in. Jordan obviously is the big draw with 2 of the 6. My 2 cents.

• markmacmarkmac Posts: 412 ✭✭✭

I participated on a similar break a couple of years ago at $30 a slot. It consisted of mostly 9s. I think $50 is way too much.

• CakesCakes Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think Highgradelegends did a similar break last year at $82 a slot but it was a PSA 9 break.

I am interested but you might want to drop your price a tad to gather some steam. Also make sure you mention the stickers. Thanks BC.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • VintagemanEdVintagemanEd Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

I really appreciate the input guys. That is why I posted this for sure. I can’t see anyone doing one under $40 in the future though

• HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

Legit question...what is a fair price for a psa 10 1-143 86 fleer break? $500 per? I remember a national 86 fleer box break going for like $1000 a pack or something this summer.

• PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HighGradeLegends said:
    Legit question...what is a fair price for a psa 10 1-143 86 fleer break? $500 per? I remember a national 86 fleer box break going for like $1000 a pack or something this summer.

I could be wrong but I was thinking I've seen a complete PSA 10 set with an asking price of $100k. Guessing you would have to get in the $750-$1k range. I think the 86 Fleer box break was for the put together box where they knew there were several jordans on the front/back. Again, just going from memory and don't remember the asking price.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

@HighGradeLegends said:

Legit as in you have one to sell? I would be in for a spot at the last 6 months vcp average / 143 without looking.

• HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

@secretstash said:

@HighGradeLegends said:

Legit as in you have one to sell? I would be in for a spot at the last 6 months vcp average / 143 without looking.

I do. I have been considering options...do it on here like the 9 break last year or have a third party run it for my at the National.

• lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭

@HighGradeLegends said:

The National break was $2K per pack, but there was a pack (or 2?) with the Jordan rookie showing.

• MrHockeyMrHockey Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

$50 a spot! :D

• rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭

@djr said:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-87-Fleer-Basketball-Set-GRADED-PSA-8-With-Stickers-MJ-57-Awesome/223270623841?hash=item33fbf75a61:g:2j0AAOSwVZ5b2Htc

An ALL PSA 8 NQ set including Stickers sold for $4k so confirms it. The seller received less, after fees.

Not taking fees into account, this is $28 per card, almost 1/2 what you would like. I think I will pass :wink:

I suppose I'd be in for a couple spots at $28 or under.

Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies