Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Looks like shipping usps 1st class packages coast to coast just got complicated and more expensive

HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

https://shippingeasy.com/blog/usps-2019-shipping-rate-changes-flat-rate-priority-first-class-w-tables/
See the table in the middle of the article...

Assume 4 oz padded 1st class for a psa graded card valued at $50 sold on ebay no insurance. As an ebay seller, the postage cost + shipping paypal fee portion + shipping ebay fee portion + cost of mailer/misc supplies for, say dc to la, will be approx $4 in costs now.

Comments

• mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

Shipping is already forcing most low dollar cards to be not worth the time on ebay anymore and with each increase in pricing, it makes it more difficult. I always charged a flat fee on shipping, but now with multiple rates, it brings another element in. $4 to ship a single card is going to hurt sales by a pretty good margin for low dollar sellers, not to mention the general complaining about shipping costs.

A PWE I guess could be used and from what I am reading a 3 oz PWE with tracking added would be $2.28 in postage. Might be the only way to do low dollar cards without having to do go without tracking

IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY