Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Should "Non-Sports" have their own catagoy?

Right now, non-sport issues are listed under the obscure "Misc." catagory in the Registry. Since there are now about 20 non-sport sets listed, I think it would be a good idea to seperate the "Misc." catagory into 2. There could be a "Non-Sport" catagory, and "Other Sport" catagory (for sets like boxing and golf").
Looking ahead to the Registry awards, this would make even more sense. 1962 Mars Attacks and Boxing don't really belong in the same catagory. Who would want the award for " Best Set in The Misc. Catagory.?

Rick

Comments

• Options
    Hmmm

Providing one considers Golf a sport...............
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options
    How about a Wrestling category since there is an overwhelming demand for one... image
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    riccaboni - it doesn't matter what you think. image

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    As a Davy Crockett, Civil War News and Mars Attacks collector, I'd vote for a Non-Sports category. Of course, the likelihood of my acquiring enough PSA-graded cards from those sets to list them on the registry is remote!
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!
  • Options
    Nick - I smell what you are cooking don't worry, it's true, it's true... image
  • Options
    There could be a "Non-Sport" catagory, and "Other Sport" catagory

Mintstate,

I think this is a great idea! I just need to maintain the #1 Three Stooges set! You are hot on my tail!
    missinglinks

Currently working on:
    *1941 Double Play
    *500 Home Run Rookie Cards

Always Upgrading
    *1954 Dan Dee
    *1959 Fleer Three Stooges
  • Options
    MintstateMintstate Posts: 254 ✭✭
    I've still got a ways to go to catch you Missinglink. But I havn't played all my cards yet.image I've been concentrating on my Mars Attacks and Gilligan's Island set lately.
    BTW, I did receive an email today from BJ about my suggestion. She told me it was something she had been thinking of doing already, and it was on her "to do" list. It may be a few months before she has time though.

Rick
  • Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    Maybe wrestling should have it's own category. It's too tough to call whether it's a sport or non-sport. Though some have said the same about golf.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay