Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

helping family friend

Been helping a close family friend organize a big sports collection. she has 5-6 binders full of signed , game used and regular cards and was given some as a gift. am going try to load in some of the cards I was given for helping her as soon as can

Comments

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭✭

I am going to walk my dog today

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭

Looking forward to seeing what she has

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ty . was given some nice cards for helping her with the organizing . lots of autos and some game used. i'm just going the scan the cards she gifted to me for helping her organize . Quite a few are from a company called Be a player . . i still have another 3-5 binders left to go through for her .

• Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2019 11:25AM

• Options

It was her sons collection but now she is getting me to help organize it. the ones above are what i got as a gift... There are around 20 pages in the first binder like that ( Rookies , single signed , dual signed and game-used , serial-numbered ) and i still have more binders and holders to go through.

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not into modern hockey so unless it is from the Gretzky or Mario area or before, I have no idea who any of the player are. Nice lot, though. That being said, I'm confused by this post. Did something happen to her son? Very nice of you to help out!

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options

He passed away and she didn't know how to go about organizing his collection so I told her I would help . She says he had some older cards but wished to go through the binders slowly . he collected mostly signed and game used so am unsure whats in the rest of the holders and other binders

• Options

my personal collection goes back to 1952 though for hockey and 1909 for baseball . I figured id take a break and start getting some of the newer players now . Am going to go through the rest and see what else he has once i get the chance . he didnt start collecting till the early 2000's though

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gotcha. That seems like a great way to remember him, going thru and organizing something he enjoyed doing. I'm sure it has to be difficult as well but I very nice way to honor his memory. It's never easy to lose a loved one but I can't imagine losing a child. Best of luck and best wishes to her and her family.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    edited December 29, 2018 11:06AM

thankyou and yes i try to help her when i can.. she doesnt know anything about sports cards or what to do with them and she doesnt watch sports , so am helping her figure them out . her son and i used to chat about our collections but this is the first time seeing what he had