Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Congrats on the 1961 NYY set!

My God, that seemed pretty darn quick.

I'd love to see the Maris & Mantle in that set.I don't think I've ever seen 9s of those only 8s.

Magnificent Job & set!!!

Comments

• Options
    Buckwheat,

Great JOB !!!
    Very Coolimage
    How about adding some scans...Jeff
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.
  • Options
    What a great set, the Maris in PSA 9 is amazing...congratulationsimage
    www.LloydWTaylor.com
    Vintage Baseball Cards
    Sales and Ebay Consignment Service
    email
    Lloyd_Taylor_Vintage_Cards -- on Ebay
  • Options
    Sorry to be thickheaded or something, but how in the world can this set be considered complete? From my brief review of my notes, I count 9 Yankees not listed- Deron Johnson, Joe DeMaestri, Luis Arroyo, Bill Short, Fritz Brickell, Danny McDevitt, Ryne Duren, Duke Maas and high number Bob Cerv. Also, unless you have some error variation of which I am unaware, Pete Daley was not a Yankee.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm envious of these beautiful cards-- it's my favorite set. Still, I would like to know the parameters of defining a complete "key" set, because this Yankee list is incomplete.image
    Todd Schultz (taslegal@hotmail.com)
    ebay id: nolemmings
  • Options
    RobERobE Posts: 1,160 ✭✭
    Someone noticed when it first was assembled that the Yankee Team Card was not included.

• Options
    Thanks guys. It actually is just a subset of my 1961 set. (McBride Gold Collection) I didn't request the set. Either Joe just did it himself, or whoever requested it has not yet listed theirs. I'll see what I can do about getting scans up.

As far as the list, curmudgeon, I agree with you entirely. I sent the following email to BJ last week.

Hi BJ,

Here are a few more cards that belong in the 1961 Yankees team set.

#42 AL Batting Ldrs. Skowron
    #44 AL HR Leaders Mantle/Maris
    #46 AL ERA Leaders Ditmar
    #48 AL Pitching Ldrs Ditmar
    #68 Deron Johnson
    #116 Joe DeMaestri
    #333 Fritz Brickell
    #349 Danny McDevitt
    #356 Ryne Duren
    #387 Duke Maas
    #563 Bob Cerv

Other Key Yankee special cards from the 1961 set that perhaps should also be included.

#307 World Series Mantle
    #308 World Series Richardson
    #311 World Series Ford
    #471 Rizutto MVP
    #475 Mantle MVP
    #478 Maris MVP
    #568 Skowron AS
    #576 Maris AS
    #578 Mantle AS
    #589 Ford AS

She replied that Joe had made up the original set, and he was out of town, but would look over the list when he got back. As far as the Daley, it was already in the set, and I figured that maybe he was traded to the yankees after picture taking. I really have no idea on this. I guess I could search the database at MLB to find out. I assumed that I was just uninformed, and that whoever put the list together knew better.

Thanks again for the kind posts,

Buck

Ole Doctor Buck of the Popes of Hell

• Options
    MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    Congrats on a beautiful set of a great team [I'm prejudiced]. Pete Daley was never a Yankee. Bud Daley was acquired by the Yankees from K.C. in the middle of the season! He pitched middle relief.
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!